General My 1.4 16v Cinquecento Development thread

Currently reading:
General My 1.4 16v Cinquecento Development thread

ah, the 1242 has the TDC in the same place as the 1368 tho - in fact im using the 1242 pulley on the 1368 engine as the 1368 pulley had too many grooves and was slightly larger diameter, so would overdrive the (1242) alternator and with it being bigger it was not helping with the clearance issues!!

ta for tips re oil system (y) i could fit the 1242 oil pump etc, but it seems like a lot of faff when what i'll prolly do is remote oil fitler and then stat off that for a cooler (when it needs one)

Yep, some 1242's are perfect for the cento alternator, others aren't I paid £120 for a new oil pump from fiat, to save chopping a mount :eek:

The 1368cc pulley would be ok for a s'charger though ;)

so would the 1242 pulley, the car it came from had hydraulic PAS, so i have a spare drive on the pulley - i even have the pump and mounting frame to bolt onto to the front of the block ;)

so would the 1242 pulley, the car it came from had hydraulic PAS, so i have a spare drive on the pulley - i even have the pump and mounting frame to bolt onto to the front of the block ;)

so what do u do about the power steering or dose it have any???

Arc, you just impress me for how much time you spend on your car! It seems you really love your car! Just one thing, are you going to keep the cooling system of a Cento? I premuse that the radiator of the Stilo is much bigger then that of Cento.

Enjoying reading this thread! Good job!

Arc, you just impress me for how much time you spend on your car! It seems you really love your car! Just one thing, are you going to keep the cooling system of a Cento? I premuse that the radiator of the Stilo is much bigger then that of Cento.

Enjoying reading this thread! Good job!

thanks. i am keeping the Cento cooling system. I will see how it copes and then probably add an oil cooler to keep temperatures down, but for now i will just use my current rad, which is a cento one, but it's alloy..

updates..

got the car back home to my place, *finally* have my garage back now the bathroom suite that has been in it for 18months is being fitted :D

DSC_5435.jpg

got some testing done on the new wiring, all sensors check out. minor scare at first as i'd forgotten to earth the bay loom, so it was all acting a bit odd!

Got the inlet manifold split in two, had to drill out one of the bolts - but something much easier to do now than once it's all fitted. Got the waterpipes right, and refitted the sound proofing stuff at the back of the bay.

Ok, looking at this photo - i am right?

DSC_5436.jpg

ta, will have a look through and double check.

re inlet; ive not given it much thought, but i assumed it can sit on studs like the 8v manifolds and was going to rob the studs off the 1242 16v in the garage.

Arc this is a great read, well done mate(y). i hope when iam ready to do the same thing if you don't mind you,kritip and the rest will guide me in the right direction ;) as when it come to the electrical side thats were i will struggle. well done again!

lol ok. thinking about it, i should have the bolts that held the 1368 inlet on as i do have that as well. i dunno. i need to have a look, i hadnt really given it any thought!

also a good idea, but thay are much longer as the plastic manifold is a LOT thicker at the join to the head.

Sadly you can't cut the bolts down as they are not threaded all the way up :bang:

a bit of a pain eh ;)

Kristian

Tap and die set then continue the thread further up the bolt - then cut the bottom off?
:idea:

Back