Max Power Live Cancelled

Currently reading:
Max Power Live Cancelled

I know Steve 1219 will be very dissapointed that this isnt happening this year as well :(

i went in 2000, it was a chavathon (n)
(although the stunt driving display was impressive)

Max Power have started to change their Image tho Jug as the Chavs are the very ones doing damage to the company and they have made it clear they are not wanted ..

So what's their new image if it isn't neon lighting and 20bhp resistors?

Good question, althougth i saw the most recent one on the shelf, caught my eye but i didn't realise it was max until i actually got to the mag stand. It had a twin supercharged mustang on the front iirc, not exactly the usual saxo with lexus lights and sunstrip.

Not surprising to be honest, it was full of chavs when i went 3 years ago and it was rubbish then, fat ugly chicks dancing around next to a saxo with a bunch of retards watching! I'll stick to the bike shows from now on!

never went to these but used to get max power in the mid to late 90's while about to finish high school, dreaming of what car to get for my first, and what I could do to it, they mainly focused on the engine and ice, and subtle body kits. I remember the Dimma 306 being a bit OTT at the time, but then the mag would have something like a bog standard mini with a whopping great install in it. Used to have stuff like BMWs, slammed to the deck tuned to stupid horse power, M3 body bits put on it and cleaned to fook- and these were two either 3 or 5 series tourers. Then there was an original white cosssie where the owner had chromed every part of the engine and underside, and any other component underneath it, and it looked the dogs.

Then Is stopped buying it and I had a look at a lads copy at work about 2 years ago and it was saxos, fiestas, corsas, young scrawny lads baseball caps, or big lads short hair lots of gold. and plenty of plastic tits

So what's their new image if it isn't neon lighting and 20bhp resistors?

No matter how nice the cars I'm not going to take James where there are half naked chavs spread over the cars.

I bet you would go if Bunny would let you tho ;)

I stopped buying it for one simple reason, it went too "American"

Now its about the Low-riders, cleaned DUBS cars or fat ass Hummers. TBH I didn't think it would be long before the show was cancelled, friends of mine who went last year said it was a waste of time and money.

Never see an Ali-G style R5 in the mag nowadays:eek:

yeah i still have that copy around somewhere, lol., that was a cool R5.,

i was looking through old mags the other day and i found one with a mk2 punto on the cover, it was a redline mag and it looked oretty decent and had "words finest punto" writen on it.,lol.,

I know Steve 1219 will be very dissapointed that this isnt happening this year as well :(

we already new it wasnt on, last year i went with him an was supprised that there wasn't many chav guys there at all, maybe because it was world cup time and they all stayed home to watch football. was also quite a few people older than us showing cars :D

Back