Technical map sensor oiling up low mileage 64 plate 1200 punto thanks

Currently reading:
Technical map sensor oiling up low mileage 64 plate 1200 punto thanks

It's not a concern unless it shows map sensor fault codes or the engine is worn out.

It's normal for the intake manifold to have some foamy oil water condensation from the crankcase ventilation. If you drove longer distances, the deposits would dissipate and burn. It shows that the oil is doing what it was supposed to, moving moisture and water away from the engine and protecting it.

when the sensor oils the revs rise to 1500 and the trottle dosnt work , switch the engine off then restart the car and runs as normal for a while !! thanks

It appears that you might have a vacuum leak somewhere. Usually the two PCV hoses (crankcase ventilation) crack. It's easy to change them, one runs from the rocker cover to above the throttle valve and from there another hose to the intake. They might have become clogged too.

You can clean the map sensor, but if it's just slightly oily, then I would not worry about it.

thanks hoses blocked with oily condensation , the car is only driven 2.5 miles in the morning and back in the evening

Not unusual for short trips... never gets hot enough to bake out the moisture

Engine wear is probably equivalent to 55k

Pre 2010 you would want a DIESEL for this use.. but DPF screwed that :(

Does it ever do 1 hour plus trips??
That will help clear things..

My 500 has a similar engine.. and seems to hold moisture more than my Modern Engines do

You could make it a habit cleaning these hoses at least every six months with compressed air. It's not going to be an issue in summer but winter time is the worst for this foamy condensation.

Back