Technical Low brake fluid light on

Currently reading:
Technical Low brake fluid light on

Badger6

Hi wondering if anyone had this light and message come on?? Fluid ok cables look ok pads ok...switch is closed ...checked with meter....tailgate wiring fault?? No errors on multiscan..

There will be an body ecu somewhere that does all the check lights now. Need to find that and get tracing wores back to it.

Hi wondering if anyone had this light and message come on?? Fluid ok cables look ok pads ok...switch is closed ...checked with meter....tailgate wiring fault?? No errors on multiscan..

Sorry..just to confirm

Is message 'Low Brake Fluid'

That sounds pretty clear.. :)

A decent dealer should know the likely scenarios to trigger that
( years ago it was a plunger in the cap.. with a float you could test..and 2 x wires you could adjust..test..short ..etc to your hearts content )

Im not sure how the 500's is sensed..

Ive got a couple of 2013 FIATs outside though..I will have a look :)

@Badger6

There is probably an electrical connector on the lower edge of the fluid reservoir

On my panda its below the Cap.. so at the most accessible part

Unplugging that and seeing if the light goes out is probably a simple first test :)
Yep done that ...I'll do the tailgate wiring first and see if it changes anything..

The sensor is closed with fluid in reservoir is that the correct...if someone can check theirs with a meter on connections....would answer a lot of doubts...thanks.its located at side of reservoir not in cap.

The brake reservoir sensor has two fragile looking wires that come straight out of the trunking below the battery. Chafed insulation or vibration failure look very likely, though (to date) mine have all been ok.

Just a follow up....replaced tailgate wiring as it needed doing no difference ...plug in or out made no difference ....sensor was closed when off car so I replaced with new which reads open ...fault cleared...so unplugging makes no difference .....anyway all cleared...regards all...

Just a follow up....replaced tailgate wiring as it needed doing no difference ...plug in or out made no difference ....sensor was closed when off car so I replaced with new which reads open ...fault cleared...so unplugging makes no difference .....anyway all cleared...regards all...
I'm glad it's fixed, but I don't understand why plug off wouldn't give the same outcome

Back