Lets put pressure on rising fuel prices

Currently reading:
Lets put pressure on rising fuel prices

Copy and Paste the following message to all your e-mail buddies,thousands have already passed it on.

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it -

We are hitting 108.9 p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.10 a ltr (That's £5.00 a gallon!!).

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of >an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!

Acting together we can make a difference

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso .

But isnt it the Tax element that seperates UK fuel prices from the rest of the world? :confused:

The Government wont shift they already have a massive income / spending deficit.

I cant see the fuel companies playing ball, especially in isolation. :mad:

Even if this would would (I very much doubt it would) as what Ffoxy said is right in this country the biggest burden on the price per Litre is the completly ludicrous amount of Tax and Duty. You would still get brainwashed numpty's doing the same thing they have done for the last number of years and go to the same place as a force of habbit and convienience.

Its the government we need to make suffer of ripping us off.

Ffoxy states.....
HTML:
But isnt it the Tax element that seperates UK fuel prices from the rest of the world

I agree,however fuel companies are still reaping massive profits and i believe they can well afford to pass some back to the motorist.(y)

you must have absolutely no understanding of economics if you cant see why this idea would not work.

plus, the original post is a chain mail, its only purpose is to make gullible people pass it on.

Last edited:
Ffoxy states.....
HTML:
But isnt it the Tax element that seperates UK fuel prices from the rest of the world

I agree,however fuel companies are still reaping massive profits and i believe they can well afford to pass some back to the motorist.(y)

Yeah they are but why shouldn't they?. They are the ones doing all the hard work. The government are doing absoulutly nothing but rakeing in money because they can.

The only thing that would work would be random terroist style actions against the government directly which are obviously not a very nice thing to do....

Last edited:
Ffoxy states.....
HTML:

True..... oil companies are some of the most profitable in the world.....but how much of that profit comes directly from the sale of petrol in the UK?

Dennis.
Your argument is flawed as the true villains in the piece are the very ones you are suggesting we all support. The major retailers (supermarkets) are holding up high prices. If you buy from BP or Esso you are more likely to be supporting independent franchisee outlets. Maybe you work for one of the big supermarkets and is that why youve posted this???

Dennis.
Your argument is flawed as the true villains in the piece are the very ones you are suggesting we all support. The major retailers (supermarkets) are holding up high prices. If you buy from BP or Esso you are more likely to be supporting independent franchisee outlets. Maybe you work for one of the big supermarkets and is that why youve posted this???

Hang on but do you know what your talking about?. In my area its the supermarkets that are always at least 2p a litre cheaper than the main brands thus keeping the prices down.

HTML:
 Originally Posted by 850kd [IMG]https://www.fiatforum.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG] Dennis. 
Your argument is flawed as the true villains in the piece are the very ones you are suggesting we all support. The major retailers (supermarkets) are holding up high prices. If you buy from BP or Esso you are more likely to be supporting independent franchisee outlets. Maybe you work for one of the big supermarkets and is that why youve posted this
No I do not work for anyone,I am well into my retirement.:)If the big two suppliers were boycotted and their profits vastly reduced then surely they would reduce their profit margin to help to recuperate sales,this would also cause a knock on effect with other suppliers.

its not the oil peoples fault its this f*cking governments fault, they hear that this "global warming" cr** is a big issue and cars are part of the problem so they think rite lets hop upon this and make it an excuse to up tax on petrol
:bang:

I F**KING HATE THIS COUNTRIES GOVERNMENT

HTML:
 Originally Posted by 850kd [IMG]https://www.fiatforum.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG] Dennis. 
Your argument is flawed as the true villains in the piece are the very ones you are suggesting we all support. The major retailers (supermarkets) are holding up high prices. If you buy from BP or Esso you are more likely to be supporting independent franchisee outlets. Maybe you work for one of the big supermarkets and is that why youve posted this
No I do not work for anyone,I am well into my retirement.:)If the big two suppliers were boycotted and their profits vastly reduced then surely they would reduce their profit margin to help to recuperate sales,this would also cause a knock on effect with other suppliers.

The oil companies will never slash the wholesale price, its governed by many factors including demand for other refined products and what OPEC dictate. Despite high profits elsewhere, petrol sales are very competitive and costs have to be kept to the bare minimum to for them to remain viable. The actual figure is a closely guarded secret but if you believe the press, analysts say less than 1% of Shells profit come from UK petrol sales.......and even if they did cut the price what would stop the Government from making the price up to previous levels and banging on even more tax?

Boycotting a certain company will probably mean they will be forced to withdraw from the uk market resulting in many job losses, this will reduce competition and prices might actually go up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1168070.stm

Last edited:
Lol at this again

Companies like shell,Bp,Esso dont actually make the most profit from oil and petrol.

They are major players in all chemicals and plastics which is where they make more money. So boycotting petrol stations etc which they dont own is pointless as their profits are very small from this compared to other things they do.

an a short story to put this stiupid chain email down.:

First of all Any Bp station petrol in the UK doesnt actually come from a BP petrol plant.

BP Sold its refinery up near me in grangemouth and its one down south so to boycott bp garage pointless.

Although in england im not too sure who all the supermarkets get petrol from probably the same as up here in scotland but in scotland and northern England all BP,Shell,ESSo, Tesco, Sainsbury,Morrissons,ASDA etc all have the petrol supplied to them from grangemouth refinery. So this is flaw 2. again as BP doesnt own it.

At the end of the day it doesnt matter who you boycott buying petrol from its probably came from the same place as the next garage lol.

Only way to do it is to do the blockades of years back but as last couple of months showed nobody has the balls to do it. Back ages ago the country was nearly crippled and would have done a damn good job showing the government f only they had kept it on a few days longer but as usual joe public who was up for the boycott moaned as they couldnt get petrol.

So it was no win. Muppets

the only real way to bring down fuel prices is to have a general strike by lorry drivers, and keep it going until the prices come down.
I can't see this happening now though as there are too many self-employed drivers out there who couldn't afford to do it, a legacy of Maggie Thatcher.
She knew what she was doing when she broke up the big companies like BRS. She had to take the power from the unions, and she certainly achieved it, encouraging people to start there own business and go self employed. She knew these people would no longer be part of a union and would not be able to afford to stop work to make a stand against the government.
The problem is not the actual price of fuel, it's the tax, OVER 300% !!!
If a big union could persuade the majority of lorry drivers to join up and pay at least part of their wages for a short time while they were on strike, I think it would work.

If you wanted to boycott any garages, I'd suggest boycotting the supermarkets - they are the ones who benefit most (out of all the garages) as they buy 'value petrol'. The big names take the same fuel but improve it before passing it on.
Look at all the problems we saw recently with supermarket fuel damaging cars - and that wasn't a one-off event. Many people report better economy, smoother idling, better running whenever they use branded fuel - that's down to the additives that you don't get with supermarket fuels.
Trouble is, there are more supermarket fuel stations then big name ones. Supermarkets have the buying power so could drop their prices to force other companies to do the same - but they don't, they set local prices & local garages are all too eager to put their prices up in line with supermarkets because it helps towards their overheads.
Years ago, filling stations sold a few sweets & papers as an additional service, nowadays they are mini supermarkets. My local Esso even has a cafe, selling sandwiches, hot pies, jacket pots, coffee etc.

As has already been pointed out, the biggest crooks here are successive Governments screwing us to the wall with taxes - and the lamest excuse is the global warming - increasing fuel tax to encourage us out of our cars.
Less cars on the roads means more room for the super rich (i.e. Government people) to enjoy their huge cars (as they once did when the AA patrolmen stood & saluted).

The government is not going to respond to any direct action, if they let one millitant group have what they want ,the next day there will 100 millitant groups all demanding the same thing and that just cant happen, it will be anarchy.

They correct way to protest is simple.....just stop voting Labour at every election, from the locals all the way up to the general. When they realise they are loosing seats and their hold on power is threatened as a result of their fuel-tax policies they will soon wise-up and address the issues. The other parties will add fuel to the fire if they sniff a possible victory by promising to cut fuel-taxes if they get elected. It will take a few years but its a sure fire way.

Back