£100 for reverse parking ...

Currently reading:
£100 for reverse parking ...

Opening the door for reverse parking can be risky, your so busy parking that you dont notice the slightly open door scraping along a kerb or another car.

All the more reason to forward park like everyone else and save fuel with far more effective methods like turning the engine off in a huge traffic jam or putting the car in neutral down a hill.

All the more reason to forward park like everyone else and save fuel with far more effective methods like turning the engine off in a huge traffic jam or putting the car in neutral down a hill.

IIRC, thats ******...modern cars cut off the fuel supply if you are rolling down a hill with the clutch up and engine is spun entirely by the forward motion of the car. If you put the clutch down you are using fuel to keep the engine idling so use more fuel.

Well the throttle is closed, Not sure when this came in like, know my dads old 307 would claim it was doing 1000 miles to the gallon if you were rolling down a hill (well 999.9 i.e. max) my car claims 100 miles the gallon as mine only goes to 99.9 on instant economy. If you have computer try it.

hang on...roll down hills in neutral and don't use your brakes?

yes this would save money on fuel and would save money by not wearing out your brake pads.

I must remember this (y)

Lol, If its a very long steep hill and you know you wont need to brake then its fine imo.
Personally i dont do it as ive just passed my test and want to cling on to at least some of the good habits my instructor taught me. I had to give up that hands at 10 to 2 nonsense though.

hang on...roll down hills in neutral and don't use your brakes?

yes this would save money on fuel and would save money by not wearing out your brake pads.

I must remember this (y)

You have to control your speed somehow though :rolleyes: Would love to see you try that on some of the passes around here where you have to use low gears and brakes to keep the car under control.

Lol, If its a very long steep hill and you know you wont need to brake then its fine imo.

What if a deer runs out in front? At 80ish it can be fatal to both of you. Even a fox or rabbit can cause damage, not to mention a child or tractor coming out of a gate. Keep up the controlled driving, don't want you to become a statistic (y)

I had to give up that hands at 10 to 2 nonsense though.

Depends on the car - the Brava is so light and easy to control but the Bismarck has to be hauled around, the '2 thumbs' method of driving doesn't quite cut it so don't write it off completely :)

Back