Is this him?

Currently reading:
Is this him?

I knew we could rely on you Beard. The voice of reason. Ever thought of writing a column ? !
Oddly enough, I was writing a column tonight. It was a column of figures comprising all my Direct Debits. It was hilarious.

Neither do you have to be a good muslim to have a comedy beard :D
Was that you on the Cherry Picker outside our bathroom window this morning?
How else could you know? Oh, by the way, Mrs. Beard said could you come back tomorrow morning when she's in. Apparently she misses all the best peeping toms and stalkers.

Does he suggest that Muslims will only recognise him as a muslim police officer if he wears that beard?
Do you think he might just have made himself look ridiculous so that he didn't have to wait too long before he had had enough jibes to go running to a solicitor? This has got scam written all over it.
Many Orthodox Jews wear beards, as do Russian and Greek Orthodox priests and many followers of those religions. Many muslims from the part of the world where Islam originated, the Middle East actually don't wear beards at all. It would appear that those followers of Islam from the Indian sub-continent seem to have appropriated the religion all for themselves.

One of the problems many religions have is the interpretation modern religious leaders have put on them. I'm quite sure Jesus didn't tell the Disciples not to use condoms, the Pill, or any other form of contraception, yet the Catholic Church exhorts its members not to use any kind of birth control method. One reason the Catholic Church grew so rapidly in the '60s and '70s. Since then many Catholics have seen, in my view economic reality and limited the size of their families in recent years.

Live and let live is an excellent maxim, but given the right (correctly in my view) to practice their religion there is a section of Muslim society that doesn't think anybody else has the same rights. A sad side effect of Multi-culturism.

Last edited:
Back