Insurance thread

Currently reading:
Insurance thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Negotiator said:
He stated in a thread a few days before that he wouldn't insure modifications. Because he says that in one conversation (he wasn't refering just to the 1.4 turbo conversion) doesn't mean it isn't valid for future conversions.

Ah so because the person involved was disqualified, then drove again whilst still disqualified, got done for driving without insurance and leaving the scene of an accident, then came onto a forum and said yet again he wouldn't insure any modifications, he will suddenly insure a turbo conversion rather than a 1.4 turbo conversion. If we want to get silly, he said he wouldn't insure his modifications, not he wouldn't insure the 1.4 turbo conversion.

Paul, you are still not reading the replies properly. Please take your time, go back and check over post 94, reading every word. We are going around in circles here.

The Negotiator said:
The ONLY issue here is that I feel that all members should be made aware that they will be helping somebody who will most probably not insure mods (given history and future intent made clear a few days previous). If those members want to still help him, fine, I haven't said anything in other threads, however, I believe in CHOICE and that all members should be aware where possible.

You suspect he will not insure the modifications, I'm glad you have changed your stance from he will not insure the modifications. However, you cannot prosecute, ridicule, offend or slur somebody for something you suspect. Again, please re-read post 94. If the gentleman in question had told us that he would not be complying with the law and declaring everything, then your response would have been apropriate. As it stood, you were completely in the wrong.

What you have done is a bit like painting something nasty on the front door of someone you suspect has done something publically unacceptable, but with no evidence to back it up.

The Negotiator said:
If I said:

"I am going to steal a cinq turbo" in one thread then started a new one:

"How do I remove and fit a turbo?"

Would you help me? It comes down to the same issue. Both imorale, illegal, both could affect people on this forum.

Here, you have stated that you are going to break the law. Then you have requested assistance for stripping a car we know to be stolen, so there are crimes there.
At no point in the turbo thread did the gentleman in question state that he would in any way break the law. He did not state in that thread that he wouldn't insure it, he didn't even suggest that he would use the car to travel at speeds not in compliance with the law once modified. Nobody asked him, nobody waited for a reply, but you made a statement based on an assumption from a previous thread, which started a hypothetical argument.

Paul, I repeat, please read post 94. I ask you to stop and read the post closely, several times, without replying for a length of time until you have considered the text properly. Your replies are not taking into account any of the points made, which are indesputable. You did the same thing with this thread, you didn't post what you were politely requested to, it's not what we suggested the members discuss.

Should you continue to make allegations based on assumptions with no factual basis, then your posts will continue to be removed as appropriate. These actions will be discussed by the moderators, and if the group decision is that you are in the wrong (as is the case with this issue) then the posts will not be reinstated. You should understand that you have, I believe (but someone else feelfree to correct me if I'm wrong) actually broken the law here. One way or another, posts made in this manner, by anyone to anyone, will be removed.

Here, you have stated that you are going to break the law. Then you have requested assistance for stripping a car we know to be stolen, so there are crimes there.

There's no difference in the eyes of the law of somebody stating they will steal a car to stating that they will not insure a car. Both are comparable situations.

Pete, I have read, I always read, i have little extra better to do, however, you haven't read my replies.

It doesn't matter which thread he said he won't insure an engine change, he wrote it on this forum. You deleted that to protect him.

Our members have the right to know if the person stated they won't insure modifications like an engine change.

It isn't slander if there is significant evidence, my evidence of which you deleted.

I would take this to PM, but oh, you refused to reply to any more of my PMs in the future.

Last edited:
The Negotiator said:
There's no difference in the eyes of the law of somebody stating they will steal a car to stating that they will not insure a car. Both are comparable situations.

Pete, I have read, I always read, i have little extra better to do, however, you haven't read my replies.

It doesn't matter which thread he said he won't insure an engine change, he wrote it on this forum. You deleted that to protect him.

Our members have the right to know if the person stated they won't insure modifications like an engine change.

It isn't slander if there is significant evidence, my evidence of which you deleted.

show us the edivence where he said he wouldnt declare the turbo conversion????

u cant take wat somone says from one topic and apply it to all the topic they post on!!!

Sure you can! That's like saying something you say in a single conversation is only relevant to that single conversation at that specific time.

Mase, you modded the topic where he said he wouldn't insure it, you can PM me with it if you want and don't think it is relevant on this thread.

The Negotiator said:
Sure you can! That's like saying something you say in a single conversation is only relevant to that single conversation at that specific time.

Mase, you modded the topic where he said he wouldn't insure it, you can PM me with it if you want and don't think it is relevant on this thread.

all i dont understand is wat give u the right to presume that he wont insure it?

there is no hard proof that he will not insure it.. at the end of the day he is driving around fully insured and wat someone says, and wat someone does are 2 totally different things, just cause he said he wouldnt insure an engine, doesnt give u the right to jump into his next post declaring like it has already happened that he wont insure it!

I agree, maybe saying "he probably won't insure it" would have been a better choice of words, but i can't edit it now can I.

There's significant doubt that he will insure it, see my PM for more information about another issue.

I am all for giving somebody a second, third or forth chance, but when somebody doesn't learn after many chances and then states they will do the same again, it is more than enough doubt, wouldn't you agree?

It is reasonable that if i say "my favourite colour is blue" you can assume when i post a few days later, it probably still is blue.

I am telling the tax man you won't get away with it Steven ;)

It's different saying what you said and what we're talking about....you know that.

so basically it is bein said that this forum shouldnt help people if they have said, at one time or another, they are not gonna declare the mods?

there is a part of me that agrees with that... i wouldnt like to know that the advice i gave on gettin more power from a car caused the person driving to lose control, hit another person, and f**k that innocent person over cause the guy didnt bother declaring the mods and therefore wasnt insured!

I am not even going that far, if somebody has shown to change their views over time then I guess people change (clear in this case that it is very unlikely) then it's fine and the past should be ignored.

I also feel it's up to the individual whether or not they reply to help him, I am just arguing that people should be made aware of this situation and it not moderated so that other members don't know the situation.

In fact if you helped someone to do a mod which you knew wasn't being declared and therefore voided the insurance you could be convicted for IN12, Aiding, Abetting, Counselling or Procuring IN10.

IN10 is Using a vehicle Uninsured against 3rd party risks.

So without Paul's suggestion of moderating the mod's, you could all be facing a long stretch at her majesty's pleasure :).

poggy said:
In fact if you helped someone to do a mod which you knew wasn't being declared and therefore voided the insurance you could be convicted for IN12, Aiding, Abetting, Counselling or Procuring IN10.

IN10 is Using a vehicle Uninsured against 3rd party risks.

So without Paul's suggestion of moderating the mod's, you could all be facing a long stretch at her majesty's pleasure :).

wondered if that was the case....

im not bein funny... but if i wasnt gonna declare some mods, i sure as hell wouldnt shout about it on a public forum. so unless that person says they arent declaring it there is no way of knowing.

for all we know half the people that have been helped on here are driving about with no insurance, and we have no way to check otherwise!!!

mase said:
wondered if that was the case....

im not bein funny... but if i wasnt gonna declare some mods, i sure as hell wouldnt shout about it on a public forum. so unless that person says they arent declaring it there is no way of knowing.

for all we know half the people that have been helped on here are driving about with no insurance, and we have no way to check otherwise!!!

I wasn't really being serious, but I suppose in theory you could be done.

in theory u could.... but how would u kno unless the person said so? and just cause they said so doesnt mean they would.

there are too many if's and but's involved, at the end of the day there is no way of knowing wat a person is gonna do regardless of wat they say they are goin to do!

its been delt with, time to move on me thinks!

mase said:
so basically it is bein said that this forum shouldnt help people if they have said, at one time or another, they are not gonna declare the mods?

there is a part of me that agrees with that... i wouldnt like to know that the advice i gave on gettin more power from a car caused the person driving to lose control, hit another person, and f**k that innocent person over cause the guy didnt bother declaring the mods and therefore wasnt insured!

Only by a person who has made himself everyones concience - definately not mine - I will decide if and who I help.

How can the advice you gave cause them to loose control, that is their driving ability.

most people on here fall into this club - window tints for a start- maybe we should not talk cars on here and this argument would not exist. :D

If insurance companies want to do you over they will.:(

Steve

thefishdude said:
lol steve are you going to delcare your win ?
Lottery winnings aren't taxable, so why would he need to declare it?! :confused:

The only taxable thing is the interest earned on the capital - which would have to be declared - and if you didn't, don't you think the Revenue know this, and tap into the bank system....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back