insurance fronting

Currently reading:
insurance fronting

The final payment keeps costs very low until the lump sum and I always knew how much I would be paying altogether in the end. So I am paying 800-1000 more than than someone who pays there and then If I keep it but over 4 years I doesn't seem a great deal more.

Lol so you bought something worth 9k, you've paid back 12k with a final payment of 3.5k.

So that's 16k for something worth 2k?

No thats not how it works altogether I pay 10k thats including the final payment If i dont want the car at the end I pay 6.5k.

Last edited:
No thats not how it works altogether I pay 10k thats including the final payment If i dont want the car at the end I pay 6.5k.

You could buy second hand and buy a 4 year platinum warranty on almost any 1/2 year old car for that 10k.

Wasted cash, that's why im hesitating about PCP deals as they are doing some good ones on the RenaultSport range that im personally interested in.

I think he means it'll be worth 2k by the time it's paid off, so you'd be better off getting a 4yr old car for a fraction of the cost.
It's your money though.

True but he thought i would be paying like 16k for a car that costs 9k new, it is nothing like that:p If its worth 2k i wont be paying the 3.5k final payment and probably not buy another fiat as thats pretty drastic depreciation lol

Insurance is pure and simply just a money spinner they make up the rules as they go along. Pug insured with me as main driver and GF named was about £960 a year even with 6 years no claims on several policies. Changed it to the GF as main driver less no claims and no other policies and me as named with a statement of 50/50 for use and its' dropped to £450 for the year! I don't get it as the liability is exactly the same as we use it 50/50 and made that clear:mad: :mad: :bang::cry:

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining at saving over half the money - but WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

Back