Technical Indicators flashing one side

Currently reading:
Technical Indicators flashing one side

skamperman

This morning woke up to find my drivers side indicators randomly flashing, car locks unlocks and starts ok. Tried remote a few times. Indicators stopped flashing. Now they have started flashing again. I have been told by the local car electrician that it it is the “Body Control Module” and it is main dealer only as it is coded to the car. This sounds expensive. Has anyone else experienced this. It is a 2014 Fiat 500s twinair.

This morning woke up to find my drivers side indicators randomly flashing, car locks unlocks and starts ok. Tried remote a few times. Indicators stopped flashing. Now they have started flashing again. I have been told by the local car electrician that it it is the “Body Control Module” and it is main dealer only as it is coded to the car. This sounds expensive. Has anyone else experienced this. It is a 2014 Fiat 500s twinair.

They have stopped now it seems to be when it is raining. Perhaps it is trying to tell me that it doesn’t like been out in the rain[emoji23][emoji23]

They have stopped now it seems to be when it is raining. Perhaps it is trying to tell me that it doesn’t like been out in the rain[emoji23][emoji23]

Further update it is booked in a the local Dick Turpin sorry meant Fiat garage on Wednesday. In the mean time I thought I would have a look myself. If I wiggle the tailgate loom the indicator lights come on and flicker then if I wiggle it again they go off. Could it be the tailgate loom causing the flickering because of a short which is feeding back into the indicators on the drivers side? I know this part of the loom can cause problems.

If I wiggle the tailgate loom the indicator lights come on and flicker then if I wiggle it again they go off. Could it be the tailgate loom causing the flickering because of a short which is feeding back into the indicators on the drivers side? I know this part of the loom can cause problems.

Given your description, almost certainly the cause, what else on the boot lid doesn't work? Save your money on diagnosis have a look yourself(If you can) it's a well known failure, and a repair kit is available on EBay about £70(quite a bit for a bunch of wires and grommet)

Update everything on the tailgate works ok, been into car electricians yesterday, no fault code found, everything behaving correctly. Since then the car has behaved itself no flickering lights. I have now parked the car in the front drive and still working ok. The only thing I could think of that might possibly have caused it is that when parked in the rear drive there are cables running across my drive to a telegraph pole next door. My car was parked underneath them and the drivers side was in parallel with the cables (which is the side the lights were flickering) some how could this cable cause interference with my car. It’s strange how it started with the storm last weekend.

Back