Technical Odometer Flashing on Twinair 0.9 but car running fine

Currently reading:
Technical Odometer Flashing on Twinair 0.9 but car running fine

ssray23

Hi,

I am in a bit of a conundrum on how to fix a flashing odometer on my TwinAir 0.9 (2012 Reg).

After reading various forums and speaking to garages (including Fiat Stellantis), I figured out there are a few options on the table. (Note: I have already done the battery reset procedure by disconnecting the negative terminal - did not help).

1. Take out the faulty Blue&Me ECU, ship it for a repair, reinstall the fixed ECU and then perform a proxi alignment to recognise the rebuilt ECU.
2. Take out the faulty Blue&Me ECU, install a brand new ECU and then perform a proxi alignment to recognise the new ECU
3. Remove the faulty Blue&Me ECU and recode the system to reflect there is no Blue&Me anymore.
4. Do nothing - let the odometer flash - just ignore it as the car runs fine.

Given that the car has no other issues (touchwood!), serviced by Fiat just 2 weeks back, runs reasonably well and I plan to drive it for at least next 2-3 years, which of the above options would be my best bet without burning a massive hole in my pocket? Are there any risks with Option 4 or Option 3? I am still confused if Option 3 actually gets rid of the flashing odometer or just prevents other issues related to electrical system??

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Attachments

• Flashing_Mileage_Fiat500.MP4
    2.7 MB
Last edited:
If you send the B&M module away for repair it should just work again once it's reinstalled no need to do anything else.

Same with number 3 no need to do anything just unplug the B&M module.

Don't do nothing re 4) you'll suffer parasitic battery drain.

Number 2 entirely up to you new B&M modules are expensive and second hand ones might not work anyway.

If you send the B&M module away for repair it should just work again once it's reinstalled no need to do anything else.

Same with number 3 no need to do anything just unplug the B& M module.

Don't do nothing re 4) you'll suffer parasitic battery drain.

Number 2 entirely up to you new B&M modules are expensive and second hand ones might not work anyway.
Read my mind :) I am inclined to go with Option 1.

Hi again,

So I got a diagnostic test done today from a nearby garage and below is report:

Diagnostic Report 11-May-2024 (1).JPEG

I understand first two entries indicate the faulty B&M node for which I need to go with Option 1 (i.e., repair, reinstall and Proxy), but curious about the third one i.e. P1810-79. Is it related to the faulty B&M by any chance or something else I also need to worry about?

FYI - No issues with the auto-transmission or engine lights / messages when I drive the car.

Thanks,
Ray

Last edited:
surely stored means stored code? in which case it could have been there for years?
I guess so - never seen a manifestation of this 'stored' code on the instrument cluster warning me about anything ever since I started driving this car (from last year) - mechanically, auto-gear shifting works normally...

Hi,

I am in a bit of a conundrum on how to fix a flashing odometer on my TwinAir 0.9 (2012 Reg).

After reading various forums and speaking to garages (including Fiat Stellantis), I figured out there are a few options on the table. (Note: I have already done the battery reset procedure by disconnecting the negative terminal - did not help).

1. Take out the faulty Blue&Me ECU, ship it for a repair, reinstall the fixed ECU and then perform a proxi alignment to recognise the rebuilt ECU.
2. Take out the faulty Blue&Me ECU, install a brand new ECU and then perform a proxi alignment to recognise the new ECU
3. Remove the faulty Blue&Me ECU and recode the system to reflect there is no Blue&Me anymore.
4. Do nothing - let the odometer flash - just ignore it as the car runs fine.

Given that the car has no other issues (touchwood!), serviced by Fiat just 2 weeks back, runs reasonably well and I plan to drive it for at least next 2-3 years, which of the above options would be my best bet without burning a massive hole in my pocket? Are there any risks with Option 4 or Option 3? I am still confused if Option 3 actually gets rid of the flashing odometer or just prevents other issues related to electrical system??

Thanks in advance,
Ray
Get in touch with Revtronics in Bradford,they sorted mine out on an hour took module in they repaired it plugged it back in ,all ok ,they'll even check for codes while your there

Get in touch with Revtronics in Bradford,they sorted mine out on an hour took module in they repaired it plugged it back in ,all ok ,they'll even check for codes while your there
Thanks for sharing! 👍 I'll get in touch with them ..

Back