Technical Twinair 2011 0.9 Clutch Master Cylinder

Currently reading:
Technical Twinair 2011 0.9 Clutch Master Cylinder

The clutch in my Twinair at times mostly when the car has travelled a few miles the clutch as I release the pedal it is a litte stiff and the clutch does not engage smothley it seems to engage abruptly, I have had a quick look under the bonnet to find the clutch Master cylinder but there only appears to be one master cylinder which I thought was the brake Master cylinder, is this cylinder a shared brake and clutch cylinder or is the clutch Master cylinder hidden away somewhere. Thanks for ay help.
John

According to GSF the clutch master cylinder looks like this, so most of it is inside the bulkhead and all you can see in the engine compartment would be the union and pipe to the slave cylinder.
1698477047953.png

I had a new Panda in 2017 which had a failed master cylinder replaced under warranty. Symptoms were similar, then tthe pedal stuck down. I could listbit with mr foot. The return spring is inside the cylinder and failed. It was a known weakness. The saving grace was it was mended in 40 minutes while I waited.

According to GSF the clutch master cylinder looks like this, so most of it is inside the bulkhead and all you can see in the engine compartment would be the union and pipe to the slave cylinder.
View attachment 432587
Hi, thanks for this, is this for the Twinair or the 1.2 , I think they are different , I cannot see any where under the bonnet somewhere to fill it up which makes me wonder if it is shared with the brake cylinder.

I had a new Panda in 2017 which had a failed master cylinder replaced under warranty. Symptoms were similar, then tthe pedal stuck down. I could listbit with mr foot. The return spring is inside the cylinder and failed. It was a known weakness. The saving grace was it was mended in 40 minutes while I waited.
As i am lifting my foot up to engage the clutch it does not seem to slowly engage rather it engages abruptly to the point it is about to stall. it does not do this all the time more after a long run and in town traffic.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for this, is this for the Twinair or the 1.2 , I think they are different , I cannot see any where under the bonnet somewhere to fill it up which makes me wonder if it is shared with the brake cylinder.
Yes, if you look at the picture I sent the top pipe is coming from the brake master cylinder reservoir to supply the clutch master cylinder and the one with a retaining clip is the pressure pipe down to the clutch slave cylinder.:)

Yes, if you look at the picture I sent the top pipe is coming from the brake master cylinder reservoir to supply the clutch master cylinder and the one with a retaining clip is the pressure pipe down to the clutch slave cylinder.:)
Thanks bugsymike I think I understand now, there is only one reservoir and it feeds two seperate master cylinders. so the likely culprit for my problem is the clutch master cylinder, is the clutch master cylinder in the engine compartment or the engine bay, thanks once again the light has dawned, so there are two master cylinders fed from a shared reservoir. Do you have the GSF part number?

Last edited:
Back