Technical Clutch Pedal ~ Master Cylinder Pushrod.

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch Pedal ~ Master Cylinder Pushrod.

Hi all.

Got a message from my Daughter about her 2008 1.2 500 Pop
She said the Clutch had 'snapped', bless her, she's no Mechanic!

A quick look revealed the M/C Pushrod End Fitting had slipped off the Ball on the Pedal Arm, it went back on, but didn't 'Click' into place as it should.
It stays put for a few presses, then inevitably slips off again.

Is the 'Cup' part replaceable (or even just removable so I can repair/modify/make a new one), or is it new M/C time?

Thanks

Hi dont think that the "clip" is available as a individual part!- an e-bay search for "Fiat 500 clutch pushrod clip!" returned no results ,you could always ring a fiat parts department and ask the question i suppose?,however considering the safety & inconvenence implications of sudden unexpected clutch failure out on the road for complete peace of mind it would be best to replace the master cylinder with a new one!

ideally you'd replace the slave too
If you don't replace the slave as well, expect a fight with the so-called quick connector in the pipework between the two. On any car more than a couple of years old, expect this to be corroded.

Hint: it's called a quick connector, not a quick disconnector.

Just for a laugh, I checked prices on EuroCarParts, and CarParts4Less . . . around £220, and up to £300+ . . . :eek:

Plenty around for £60-80 though.
Bit annoying when it's only the Push-Rod End that's needed.

Just for a laugh, I checked prices on EuroCarParts, and CarParts4Less . . . around £220, and up to £300+ . . . :eek:

Plenty around for £60-80 though.
Be careful, some are just cheap rubbish.

OEM quality ones will come complete with pipework and fluid reservoir.

This looks reasonable.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Be careful, some are just cheap rubbish.

OEM quality ones will come complete with pipework and fluid reservoir.

This looks reasonable.
Febi is good well respected brand and its not much more than the £60/£80 cheep copies seems like a good idea !

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you don't replace the slave as well, expect a fight with the so-called quick connector in the pipework between the two. On any car more than a couple of years old, expect this to be corroded.

Hint: it's called a quick connector, not a quick disconnector.
Leave all the pipe work in place just swap the O rings from teh new pies to the old. But dont drop one like I did. There is no reason to change the pipes, if they are still sound.

Leave all the pipe work in place just swap the O rings from teh new pies to the old. But dont drop one like I did. There is no reason to change the pipes, if they are still sound.
Which means you dont need to go near the dreaded "quick connector" either which is always a good thing!
Dont forget to check the battery earthing strap whilst you in there! and it might be worth giving the heater matrix supply pipe a wiggle at the thermostat end, if the pipes still a plastic one it might be ready to break! better to find out now whilst its al! apart , with it all stripped out fitting a new thermo with a METAL pipe is fairly easy! 👍

Back