Technical Fiat 500 TwinAir

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 TwinAir

matsz9

Hi,

I have a Fiat 500 TwinAir 2012
The problem: car doesn't start. It doesn't make any noise - when i turn the keys, the console lights up as usual and when i turn the key to start nothing happens.
I've checked the battery - it's on full capacity, even tried with battery booster - didn't change a thing. I drove it yesterday - and nothing happend, no unusual noises etc.

I've had the similar problem 2 weeks ago - even called a tow truck to pick the car up to mechanic, and the driver showed me a trick for Fiat - turning right turn indicator for 3 clicks, then left turn indicator for 3 clicks and it unlocked the car. Unfortunately - no luck this time using the same sequence.

I park the car at underground garage.

Did anyone have a similar issue?

Hi,

I have a Fiat 500 TwinAir 2012
The problem: car doesn't start. It doesn't make any noise - when i turn the keys, the console lights up as usual and when i turn the key to start nothing happens.
I've checked the battery - it's on full capacity, even tried with battery booster - didn't change a thing. I drove it yesterday - and nothing happend, no unusual noises etc.

I've had the similar problem 2 weeks ago - even called a tow truck to pick the car up to mechanic, and the driver showed me a trick for Fiat - turning right turn indicator for 3 clicks, then left turn indicator for 3 clicks and it unlocked the car. Unfortunately - no luck this time using the same sequence.

I park the car at underground garage.

Did anyone have a similar issue?
Have you checked the main earth lead as this is a comen fault.

Black large cable runs from the

Battery to Chassis to Gearbox😉

It can rot inside, and the mush cannot conduct electricity, 😕

Cables are not expensive 👍

You can actually attempt a test with a jumper cable..
One end on the metal of the motor - the other end then clipped to the battery Negative terminal, (works as a second earth)

Two Pandas behaved like this a year ago. The first failed battery sat in my garage for nearly 3 weeks after it was replaced, still showing 12v. It was in fact very Do do like (dead). Dont trust the battery! If the cars battery isdead a second battery has its effect drastically reduced by the dead battery. See oif you can borrow a battery to try it directly. Second car battery failing a few days later was even harder to believe.

Back