General Milage Flashing

Currently reading:
General Milage Flashing

Justinfranklin761

Hi,
Just got hold of a twin air and the milage is flashing.

I know the Bluetooth module is faulty and I will be replacing the head unit for a third party system.

I their a way to get the milage to stop flashing by changing the proximity alignment using a multiscan to ignore the Bluetooth module.

If anyone can help that lives locally to Burton Latimer that has access to a multiscan I am willing to travel and pay for any efforts to sort this out as its driving me mad.

Kind regards

Hi theres a member in Grantham i believe you can look them up in the multi ecu scan area of the forum!
there is something in mes under the body computer/proxi system that effects the blue& me unit! but nothing you can switch on or off in the dashboard area that i can see.
I am not very good at audio related questions but as far as i know you have to physically dis-connect the unit by un-pluging it before doing a proxi procedure to stop the mileage flashing !.
Typecastboy on this forum is an expert on this kind of thing you could always contact him by pm to ask him what he thinks!

You'd be better off buying one, it'll be cheaper in a long run.

Just saying...:coffee:
What would you suggest one to buy? I am in the US, in Virginia. I have a 2014 fiat 500s. Thanks! Really trying to get it to stop trying to look for the blue and me which I've removed already and potentially the TPMS too if it will keep looking for that if I don't remove, reset. Thanks!

The MultiECUScan is downloadable that needs registering, and the engine ECU adaptor is the ELM327 which I got off Ebay (don't go for the cheapest, get the one with the best seller reviews). You may need an additional adaptor, but you can check on the MES site for the one for your model. The Fiat regularly needs a MES scan every now and then, and helps keep on top of maintenance.

I've removed Blue & Me too, because I have a flat third party radio which I will fit later.

The MultiECUScan is downloadable that needs registering, and the engine ECU adaptor is the ELM327 which I got off Ebay (don't go for the cheapest, get the one with the best seller reviews). You may need an additional adaptor, but you can check on the MES site for the one for your model. The Fiat regularly needs a MES scan every now and then, and helps keep on top of maintenance.

I've removed Blue & Me too, because I have a flat third party radio which I will fit later.
Thank you @GettinBetter
And can you confirm I must do proxy alignment for ECU to register that I took out blue and me and it can stop looking?

Thank you @GettinBetter
And can you confirm I must do proxy alignment for ECU to register that I took out blue and me and it can stop looking?
This SOMETIMES works other times not?- nobody seams to know why!.
If you check out LOVE 500 on you tube if you scroll down the page (eventually) you will come to a post titled (in love 500 how to videos!) blue and be mileage flashing? proxi alignment!- in which Paul runs through all the procedures! in this case the blue and me was faulty and therefor not recognised so he did not believe the proxi would work but it did so who knows?!.

Based on that i would suggest you have nothing to loose by trying the procedure- it could work! however it may not ! that being the case i would not know what you might have to do next!
Paul post on this site as "typecastboy" so you could try contacting him direct and asking the question!.
hope it works for you if you try it let us know how you got on!
good luck!

You'd be better off buying one, it'll be cheaper in a long run.

Just saying...:coffee:

This SOMETIMES works other times not?- nobody seams to know why!.
If you check out LOVE 500 on you tube if you scroll down the page (eventually) you will come to a post titled (in love 500 how to videos!) blue and be mileage flashing? proxi alignment!- in which Paul runs through all the procedures! in this case the blue and me was faulty and therefor not recognised so he did not believe the proxi would work but it did so who knows?!.

Based on that i would suggest you have nothing to loose by trying the procedure- it could work! however it may not ! that being the case i would not know what you might have to do next!
Paul post on this site as "typecastboy" so you could try contacting him direct and asking the question!.
hope it works for you if you try it let us know how you got on!
good luck!
Thanks Steve, going to pop over to another forum member who has a MES this evening tonsee if the process works if and I will let you know.

Kind regards Justin

Back