Technical idle problems

Currently reading:
Technical idle problems

bean

types his title here
i know this has been covered alot on the forum and i have searched but i cant find the answer!

my cinq is reluctant to idle at 1000 or less, sometimes it will do and will shudder every 5 secs or most of the time it runs at 1200rpm but sometimes even after a 40min drive from work it will idle at 1500rpm! maybe then gradually lowering to 1200, i'm sure the idle should be more consistant than this and lower!

its had new plugs (gapped correctly), leads, fuel filter, airfilter just needs an oil change now, i have checked the vacuum pipes and MAP sensor tube and all seems well.

Any ideas?,

thanks folks

spraying propane into the engine?, never heard of that before, would i be spraying it behind the throttle body?,

would it be easier to order a new vacuum pipe assembely?

thanks folks

Not propane, no no no no no.

Use water in a fine spray. Use it around the TB, you will hear a change in engine sound if water gets in.

Check that the vacuum pipes aren't split, including the rubber joiners.

Cheers

D

ok, water sounds abit better!, i will have a go and see if thats the problem,

thanks

right,

i have been out there and sprayed some water about and nothing seemed to happen but on closer inspection i found what i think is the vacuum pipe that was clipped onto the airbox before the induction kit was fitted, it is the one with a brown end on it, i capped this off with some tape and the revs dropped instantly. Am i right in thinking this should have been capped off when the induction kit was fitted and is the culprit for the vacuum leak?

thanks again

Back