General hi guys few concerns about my used 2012 1.4 punto GBT

Currently reading:
General hi guys few concerns about my used 2012 1.4 punto GBT

shott92

hi guys just a few things i would like to get some advice on,

firstly about the car itself, its mean to be a 2012 GBT
according to all the advertisements and reviews on this car it should come with blue and me as standard however mine has no blue and me aux usb or button on the steering wheel.
secondly it has an evo badge on the boot lid :/ so is it a 2012 punto or a punto evo ( it doesnt have the black plastic bumper trim either)??

now the tech bits... for the first 1000 miles the stop start worked fine, then one day it just stopped working all together no message comes up saying S&S unavailable nothing however to check i stalled the car out depressed the clutch and it started back up fine... and for the rest of the journey when i tried using it the not available message came up (attempet same test a second time and the same happened)

does anybody know how many ml of oil per 500 or 1000 miles the car should burn as it seems to be using a slight more than it should and i accidently ran it a little low the other day :/ sorry

and finally there is a slight i guess shhhhh-ing noise... from the timing belt or the drivers side of the engine anyways sounds like a dry leaf is stuck in there and being constanly rubbed on if this makes sense ( obviously i dont think it is a leaf as it is seal but i thought it was a good discription of the sound...)
the car was has covered 25'000 miles so there shouldnt be any belts in need of replacement should there??

thanks in advance guys cheers

Hi, and welcome :)

I take it you've not had the car long..,

B+M = some people do have cars without it, :eek:

I'm not sure of the Bumpers / trim:(

after 5 posts you can add pictures.. that'll help..;)

with the belts - rubbing noise,
I would check to see if the scuttle drain tube mod has been carried out
( diverts rainwater away from the alternator)

Charlie - Oxford

according to all the advertisements and reviews on this car it should come with blue and me as standard however mine has no blue and me aux usb or button on the steering wheel.
secondly it has an evo badge on the boot lid :/ so is it a 2012 punto or a punto evo ( it doesnt have the black plastic bumper trim either)??

now the tech bits... for the first 1000 miles the stop start worked fine, then one day it just stopped working all together no message comes up saying S&S unavailable nothing however to check i stalled the car out depressed the clutch and it started back up fine... and for the rest of the journey when i tried using it the not available message came up (attempet same test a second time and the same happened)

does anybody know how many ml of oil per 500 or 1000 miles the car should burn as it seems to be using a slight more than it should and i accidently ran it a little low the other day :/ sorry

and finally there is a slight i guess shhhhh-ing noise... from the timing belt or the drivers side of the engine anyways sounds like a dry leaf is stuck in there and being constanly rubbed on if this makes sense ( obviously i dont think it is a leaf as it is seal but i thought it was a good discription of the sound...)
the car was has covered 25'000 miles so there shouldnt be any belts in need of replacement should there??

Hi shott92,

I'm not sure about the noise you mention (too technical for me, so someone else may be able to help!).

As Charlie says, some pictures would be handy. The quickest and easiest way to spot if your car is a genuine Evo is by looking at the front as the grille looks quite different to the 2012+ models. It could be a late registered Punto Evo, although it does seem unlikely.

If you have got a 2012+ Punto with an Evo badge, then that would be odd:eek:

Re Blue&Me - it's quite possible your particular car didn't have it as standard and just has the regular steering wheel controls.

Our Punto is a 62 plate 1.4 Easy. I had assumed that all Easy models had Blue&Me, but it seems that when ours was built, the Lounge model was still available, and in actual fact it was a cost option.

Now of course if you buy a brand new Easy, it does come with Blue&Me, as well as a few other bits like front fog lights. I suppose it's down to Fiat merging bits of the Lounge spec into the Easy spec.

But who knows with Fiat? They thought it would be a cunning plan to make some 2012 registered Punto Pops have the old Grande Punto dash (meaning therefore that a Punto Evo Active had a more modern dashboard than its newer equivalent:idea:)

hi cheers for your responces i will get make some hopefull usefull posts to get my count up ;) and post pictures

no not long just a couple months was fine when i bought it every thing worked but then the stop start and the odd shhhhing sound.... also think that the exhaust might be blowwing but not to sure if it just gets to high revs and get a decent sound lol

and i highly doubt any such mods will have taken place as it has had one lady owner

the log book states it is a 2012 GBT as did the company when i hpi checked it
not too sure but defo has a EVO badge on the boot lol it was one of the pirst new punto's i think as it was pre-reged in feb 2012 as such is on a 61 plate however i have checked with fiat they said its 2012 but have no idea why it has an evo badge or no blue and me :/ asked to verify the vin number and that ame back kosher as a 2012 punto GBT so no idea why my car seemingly has evo parts on it :(
also what is the differences between the dashes ??

Stop and start issue could be perfectly normal. Battery needs to be well charged so if you are doing lots of short journeys you might not be getting the battery to a decent condition your S&S may not activate.

Additionally certain electrical items being operated may disable it.

After a good long run you should find it licks in again. When it disables this way you don't get a message, it just doesn't work.

hi here are the pictures i will take a few more soon and put them up in the member cars area, once i have the plate covered ... will also include some interior photos too as it is quite nice in there i do love the car just wished for the amount of money i paid for it i wasnt so confused and every thing was just perfect but hey, perfect rarely happens lol

Attachments

• DSC_0062.JPG
    DSC_0062.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0065.JPG
    DSC_0065.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 115
That's definitely not an Evo - the body coloured bumper inserts, alloy wheels & front end are all 2012 Punto specific.

I've not yet seen a 2012 Punto on a 61 plate but if its registered Feb 2012 then it was very nearly a 12 plate so not impossible.

Pretty certain that the first GBT's didn't have Blue&Me as Fiat went all stingy on the 2012s after the Evo which had Blue&Me across most/all of the range.

The only slight concern is the bootlid. It's either:

*A factory mistake - not impossible for an Italian factory, particularly as yours was one of the first ones off the line.

*Someone sticking the badge on for the fun of it

*The bootlid has been replaced.

Only the latter would concern me, so might be worth checking the spare wheel well & other bits on the back end for possible accident damage.

Looks exactly the same as my 2012 GBT, wheels etc.
As per the previous post, re damage - it may just be the pic that you've put up, but the bootlid and rear bumper do appear to be a different shade of white to the rest of the car?

Regards your stop/start, mine was exactly the same, even down to stalling the car and starting when depresing the clutch. I pushed my dealer so hard that they fitted a new battery in 2013 and it's been fine since.

with the belts - rubbing noise,
I would check to see if the scuttle drain tube mod has been carried out
( diverts rainwater away from the alternator)

Charlie - Oxford

hi thanks for the welcome and advice, much appreciated, i checked the scuttle drain tube and it appear to me that, either the mod has been carried out or it came factory fitted but it appear to direct the water down the back of the engine bay pretty central and not near the alternator.

i probably shouldnt mention that i am usually quite good with mechanics and my excuse here is that im not a mechanic by trade and every car is significantly different from the next (or so it seems to an amateur like myself) lol

Back