Technical Help, new to site, egr issue

Currently reading:
Technical Help, new to site, egr issue

Yep press the phone button on the right side of the steering wheel. If nothing changes in the centre display the blue& me has stopped working but just try the battery dissconnect, usually works

Needs to go on a diagnostic lap top then to find out what's causing the mileage to flash. The other common thing that makes the mileage flash is low battery voltage. And I know you've already had battery issues. I would get someone to check and make sure your alternator is connected properly

Needs to go on a diagnostic lap top then to find out what's causing the mileage to flash. The other common thing that makes the mileage flash is low battery voltage. And I know you've already had battery issues. I would get someone to check and make sure your alternator is connected properly

Thanks, I have been told that the battery they put on should be higher, what is the recommended battery size for my car?

I have a 2008 500 diesel and I have a Yuasa YBX3012 battery on mine. It has the same dimension as the original battery.

Last edited:
420cca 50Ah yuasa
400cca 45Ah halfrauds
Both are a 012 battery. Exactly same dimensions.
If they have fitted this battery then it should be fine despite it being not quite as good as the brand I have used.

Right back again, I'm back to the garage tomorrow, yet another problem. When changing gear I've got a lot of lag, rev counter stuck on around 2 to 3 thousand revs and car won't go any faster then power suddenly kicks in and zoom! Ffs had enough now ??

Sounds worth rejecting if not too late IMG_1480019387.597798.jpg

Last edited:
Right back again, I'm back to the garage tomorrow, yet another problem. When changing gear I've got a lot of lag, rev counter stuck on around 2 to 3 thousand revs and car won't go any faster then power suddenly kicks in and zoom! Ffs had enough now ??
Build a bonfire.
Build a bonfire..
Put the fiat 500 on top

**** girl.. u have problems..
Did we mention dirty EGR valve. I can't remember now aw we are on page 14 or 15.. lol
So I recon u have a dirty EGR valve and a wonky alternator....

Egr valve sticking open.?
Dpf regen in progress.?
Any warning lights.? Any smoke from rear.? Was the engine running smooth when it occurred.?

Egr valve sticking open.?
Dpf regen in progress.?
Any warning lights.? Any smoke from rear.? Was the engine running smooth when it occurred.?

No warning lights no smoke that I could see, only my mileage flashing a few days ago. Nearly got wiped out at a roundabout because she wouldn't accelerate ?

Back