Technical Heater blower resistor

Currently reading:
Technical Heater blower resistor

Taff989

Hi all,

I'm new to all this so please bear with me. I have an old 2007 Grande Punto 1.2. It was my sons first car and to be honest, a great little run a round.
I have noticed that the heaters only works on number 4. I have looked through these forums and have found that this could be due to a Resistor issue as it's a common fault.

My issue is the following:
I had a look at the resistor as many advised and looks ok. For the sake of a few quid, I bought a new one to replace but it looks like someone has previously done some home DIY with this issue.
Picture 1 - This is the wiring that is under the passenger side. As you can see, it looks like someone has had some fun.
Wiring.jpg
Picture 2 - This is the current resistor that in place and looking at the part number, its from a Golf mk4. As you can see, it only has 4 x male pins.
Current Resistor.jpg
Picture 3 + 4 - This is the new and correct fitment for my Punto.
New Resistor 1.jpgNew Resistor 2.jpg

I could purchase a new wiring loom to replace this Golf one but the ones for the Punto come with 5 coloured cables and I only have 4 currently. How would I wire the new "Punto" Resister to the DIY wiring as I have an extra wire?
New wiring.jpg

In short, this is a wiring issue but any advice is appreciated.

Hi all,

I'm new to all this so please bear with me. I have an old 2007 Grande Punto 1.2. It was my sons first car and to be honest, a great little run a round.
I have noticed that the heaters only works on number 4. I have looked through these forums and have found that this could be due to a Resistor issue as it's a common fault.

My issue is the following:
I had a look at the resistor as many advised and looks ok. For the sake of a few quid, I bought a new one to replace but it looks like someone has previously done some home DIY with this issue.
Picture 1 - This is the wiring that is under the passenger side. As you can see, it looks like someone has had some fun.
View attachment 435020
Picture 2 - This is the current resistor that in place and looking at the part number, its from a Golf mk4. As you can see, it only has 4 x male pins.
View attachment 435021
Picture 3 + 4 - This is the new and correct fitment for my Punto.
View attachment 435023View attachment 435022

I could purchase a new wiring loom to replace this Golf one but the ones for the Punto come with 5 coloured cables and I only have 4 currently. How would I wire the new "Punto" Resister to the DIY wiring as I have an extra wire?
View attachment 435024

In short, this is a wiring issue but any advice is appreciated.

At the bottom of the Grande Punto
Heater FAQ thread is as link to the Fiat AND Vauxhall part numbers for the short loom section

I would SEARCH those.. Ebay should be OK with the correct part number 🙂

Here you go:

Read from comment #20, on also. 🙂

Motor condition not helping with over current /heat 🤔

So, its a long time coming as not always working on the car but I do have an update.

Just for context, I dont have alot of knowledge with cars, especially with electrics but I did solve the issue.
Even though I had 5 cables going into 4, I just left the black cable out and all the heaters work. Granted number 1 feels like number 3 and 2 feels like 1 but all in all, I have all 4 heater levels working. Not sure how but its done. Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.

Back