Technical Heater resister wiring fault

Currently reading:
Technical Heater resister wiring fault

Keithcar5

Hi all, just after replacing the connector and resistor for the heater as the last one was totally fried, only problem is the heater still doesn’t work. Tried the 40A fuse with a tester and it isn’t broken. The lights don’t come on the column for the heat controls either. I tested the connectors for the heater and there’s no life coming from it at all. I’m pretty sure I wired it up properly so I honestly don’t know what the problem is. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

I went through all this today, very awkward space under the glove box to be messing around but once all done with a new loom and connector and resistor i got a noise from the heaters but no air blowing. Very frustrating. Previously on the old melted one the air was blowing when the connector block got a tap. There's a few videos on youtube regarding a more permanent fix i am just watching at present.

For mine I purchased a replacement resistor with connection block and loom with wire and connector block from Amazon. I cut the existing wires and soldered the new. Then installed the new resistor end. there's a video on YouTube by someone like backstreet mechanic or something called permanent fix for grande Punto heater resistor. I'm considering doing that but the white block connectors he uses come in different amp sizes and I'm not sure which to go for. Generally I thought these type of blocks were for 240v applications.

It's a very awkward space to be soldering and working without starting to remove sections of the interior. It was a difficult job mainly because of the body position (upside down nearly in the passenger footwell) lol. So as it hasn't rectified the issue it's a bit disappointing. It was just a straight solder with heatshrink applied and connected up to the new resistor end. Problem now is the loom getting shorter and harder to work with each time a repair attempt is made.

1000000272.jpg

1000000270.jpg

1000000268.jpg
1000000262.jpg

Back