has the weather affected your car,

Currently reading:
has the weather affected your car,

I Got moisture in my power cable fuse, i realised that it is arching sumwhat and has started to melt the fuse holder. :mad: Oh well i can direct connect the power to the battery in the boot next week.

My rear brakes were seizing up overnight when it was getting really cold but apart from that nothing. You could feel the clunk when I pulled away first thing. Doesn't happen anymore though.

nothing just extra dirt!. Audi have the right idea with the A6 the Battery is under the back seat protected from the elements :D. Its 12yrs old and on its original battery.

It doesnt help that the moisture guard had got stuck inside the casing so it was no longer air tight. Now i have no sounds i dread to think what could have happened. :cry:

My mk2 seems pretty tough, not a problem at all except for maybe the inside of the windscreen getting misty.

However whilst walking to the car to defrost it with a kettle of tepid water I slipped on ice and landed on ma ass :bang: Good job it wasn't boiling water, would have been a hospital jobbie.

Nowt at all other than it taking an age to heat up compared to usual in cold weather if I was having to use the heater which obviously I was so taking about 15 mins to heat to normal rather than usual 5 that and the gritters gave me some nice chipped paint after passing it.

Main headlight bulb blew (just one filament, full beam was grand... strange) on the GP today, might be connected... although more likely just the fact it was the original and the car has 90k on it now!

My Panda Cross has all-round disc brakes.
It has only done 3,000 miles but has spent a lot of time on salty motorways then has sat for a long time after journeys.
The brake discs are all corroded and pitted.

How many miles a year you do then :confused:

Thats my fathers and its a January 06 registered car; but both of us average around 30,000km a year in our Fiats and I clock up at least another 10,000km in my work van. Then there'd be about 10,000km across the two spares (MJ Panda and a MK2 Punto) which would be about 3k by my mother, 3k by him and 3k by me with the rest by other family members...

So 25,000 miles a year or so.

Thats my fathers and its a January 06 registered car; but both of us average around 30,000km a year in our Fiats and I clock up at least another 10,000km in my work van. Then there'd be about 10,000km across the two spares (MJ Panda and a MK2 Punto) which would be about 3k by my mother, 3k by him and 3k by me with the rest by other family members...

Thats crazy, my car has done 32,000miles over 6 years!

Work - 70km round trip
Family - from the other end of the country, 500km round trip
Football - my team are from the families end of the country, 500km round trip for 'home' games!
Clubbing - all the good clubs are in Northern Ireland, 500km round trip

Its getting worse now as my boyfriend lives the other end of the county, 50km round trip....

oh, so thats 90000 km and not miles :eek:

Thats 2 years motoring for me!

Thats 2 years motoring for me!

Well I only really drive my car once a week for shopping (2miles) and back home from uni (380mile round trip about once a month), I can't believe how many miles some of you people do! The most I've ever done over a month was 1200miles!

Back