Technical Has my clutch gone?

Currently reading:
Technical Has my clutch gone?

My 2017 Panda 4x4 TA had its master cylinder replaced under warranty because the pedal went to the floor and only came up if lifted. It did sort of work for a few days before it was changed but felt odd. The return spring for the pedal is inside the cylinder and can fail. Sounds as if this might be your problem. Changing the master cylinder was done in about 1.25 hours if I remember right.

lighthouse19 ;)

DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL FAILIURE
My 2013 4x4 panda has same symptoms as only 33k miles.
So replaced DMF and clutch, release bearing and now all good still after 20k miles.
Worst case scenario can damage input shaft to gearbox.

Note the mastercylinder does the brakes and clutch, not separate like the previous MK3 pandas up to 2012

Last edited:
...Note the mastercylinder does the brakes and clutch, not separate like the previous MK3 pandas up to 2012
No, there are two master cylinders (the 'master' is the cylinder the pedal pushes, and the 'slave' at the other end). There is a cylinder for the brakes connected to the brake pedal, and a cylinder for the clutch connected to the clutch pedal.

However, as mentioned in previous posts, the fluid now shares a common reservoir, which happens to be mounted on top of the brake master cylinder. There is a separate tube coming off the back right corner of that reservoir that provides fluid to the clutch circuit.

[Just spotted this is my 2,000th post to this forum!]

Last edited:
Ok fair point however if the Clutch fluid was contaminated then so would the brake circiut as you quite rightly quote they share the same resovour.

Ok fair point however if the Clutch fluid was contaminated then so would the brake circiut as you quite rightly quote they share the same resovour.
Indeed. But if, when brake fluid is changed, they don't flush through the new fluid into the clutch circuit, then the clutch will still be using the old fluid (in operating the clutch the same 'slug' of fluid is moving back and forth every time - the likelihood of any mixing is negligible).

Back