Technical Squeaky clutch (2014 easy)

Currently reading:
Technical Squeaky clutch (2014 easy)

purplepanda64

Hi, new to the forum so sorry if this is the wrong place to post/wrong format or something.

Recently my clutch pedal has started squeaking, but only once the car has warmed up a little. It doesn't stay consistent either and gets louder or quieter at random times. I'm guessing if I spray the right area it will go away but I'm not entirely sure what area I'm meant to be spraying (or with what) and if potentially it's a bigger issue and some parts need changing. Any help/advice is much appreciated :)

I've got a video of the area under the hood I'm guessing the sound is coming from and the noise it's making.

If plastic grease /spray at the nylon bush on the push rod from the slave cylinder to the clutch release arm doesn't make a difference then probably gearbox out job.:(
I have seen nylon knuckles wear through so metal to metal in which case noise may change but not go away until bush replaced, seems odd at that age unless high mileage/clutch rider.
To test it just engine oil would do.
Sometimes when making the noise if hand around the nylon knuckle it may confirm.

It's got about 81k miles if that's useful information. New driver so haven't done much fixing myself yet, I'll try getting more spray on it tomorrow, is WD40 right or something different? (sorry if that's a stupid question 🥲)

It's got about 81k miles if that's useful information. New driver so haven't done much fixing myself yet, I'll try getting more spray on it tomorrow, is WD40 right or something different? (sorry if that's a stupid question 🥲)
WD40 is a bit thin , it may help pinpoint but to thin to last as a cure. Try what I said about with engine off resting/holding your hand around that part when pedal making the noise.
Don't worry about asking the question, I know I don't know everything and that is after over fifty years in the Motortrade, it's the ones who think they know everything you have to watch.;)

I think its hte clutch slave or the release arm pivot pin (which can be lubricated from above), but it sounds like the slave to me. Our 2014 was squeaking though not quite as bad and I used 3 in 1 spray lube on the pivot are for the clutch release arm . On the 2011 car and the slave and the noise went away for quite a while before it returned. The 2011 also squeaked and didnt repsond as well but a new slave cylinder resolved it. The design of the slave is either simple or crude depending on how you see it. At least tehy are cheap and easy to fit.

Back