Technical Clutch pedal heavy, can only select 2 gears

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch pedal heavy, can only select 2 gears

Hey, my first post here, really hope someone can help.

We have a 67 plate 1.2 fiat Panda lounge. It has been brilliant in the 4 years we have owned it and currently on just over 30k miles, always serviced at fiat and MOT'ed locally.

Driving to work this morning the amber warning light came on with a message saying, check stop lights, or similar. So when I arrived I checked all break lights and no problem. Same light when going home. 5 minutes away from home and the driving down hill in traffic, came to a stop, took the car out of gear, engaged the handbrake, and then when ready to set off again, I couldn't select a gear.

Anyways, managed to roll out the way and pushed the car back to park, got on the AA app to get some assistance, they said 2 hour wait, this turned into 4.5 hours. So after the rush hour and 2 hours of waiting, then a phone call to my dad, he suggested I just try and force second gear, drive home (only 5 mins) and cancel the AA. So I did.

On arrival at home I parked, tried to force all gears, only to find 2nd and reverse. Same with the engine off. The clutch pedal feels like the brake pedal towards the end of the action, (gets harder to press) and not at all like what the clutch pedal used to feel.
Is this something I can attempt to repair myself, I am completely comfortable attempting any such repair, any suggestions on diagnosis would be much appreciated as I can't really afford a garage bill.

I've read on here that it could possibly be the master cylinder, the slave cylinder or link cables.

Many thanks in advanced

Back