Technical High pitch whine in higher gears

Currently reading:
Technical High pitch whine in higher gears

Dev01

Hi,

I've been having an annoying issue that has been giving me headaches for a while.
At around 100/120kph in 4th and 5th gear I've been hearing a high pitch whine in the cabin. It only happens during acceleration and does not happen when revved in neutral or with the clutch in. It even happens when I touch the gas paddle very so slightly and the pitch of the whine does not seem to change. The whine is still there with a high electrical load and with city steering on/off. Putting it in and out of eco does not seem to make a difference too. The voltage seems normal too at around 12v with the engine turned off and 14.4 when driving.

I've already fully disconnected the radio and speakers but that did not seem to do anything.

Anyone have some suggestions? :)
It's a TwinAir turbo euro 5 from 2012

Mine seems to do this when I have something connected to the 12v socket as I have a connector with 3 socket, it's fine with the dash cam etc but if I charge my phone or my Walkman through it, it makes the high pitch sound on acceleration, I think it's just another of the Panda's unusual quirks 😂

Mine seems to do this when I have something connected to the 12v socket as I have a connector with 3 socket, it's fine with the dash cam etc but if I charge my phone or my Walkman through it, it makes the high pitch sound on acceleration, I think it's just another of the Panda's unusual quirks 😂
Yea I thought so too. I only have my dashcam plugged in on the USB socket. Haven't tried disconnecting that yet.

putting this here for documentation purposes. This is the exact issue I'm having.
Still unsure what I'll do to solve it since I don't have great experiences going to garages for a slight whine issue.

Maybe try giving the alternator a squirt of some light oil from an airosol can could be that? It is not something I have had on any Panda but have had issues on other makes when the bearings were dry. I use 3 in 1 airosol and give each end a good soaking. with the engine ticking over. Mind the belts though

Back