General GP Abarth

Currently reading:
General GP Abarth

The multijet in the Bravo is the 1.9 16v 150bhp version, i would assume it will have a different gearbox to handle the extra power.

If you get slip from the clutch it actually helps your gearbox because it eases the strain.

Rich
its coming out in 1.4 "155bhp" a extra 5 bhp if you use the higher octane unleaded and then a 1.8 180 bhp so italiaspeed.com say????the salesman i spoke to say its likely to cost between £14k to £15k for the 1.4-155bhp.he also said fiat arent very forthcoming with any info on any new models about to be released.he says they will get 1 and so will each franchise to begin with.so i just said i will take the 1 they get no matter what colour it is. hope its not black or blue come to think of it.....sorry just my personel taste.going back saturday sort finances out......:D

its coming out in 1.4 "155bhp" a extra 5 bhp if you use the higher octane unleaded and then a 1.8 180 bhp so italiaspeed.com say????the salesman i spoke to say its likely to cost between £14k to £15k for the 1.4-155bhp.he also said fiat arent very forthcoming with any info on any new models about to be released.he says they will get 1 and so will each franchise to begin with.so i just said i will take the 1 they get no matter what colour it is. hope its not black or blue come to think of it.....sorry just my personel taste.going back saturday sort finances out......:D

thats me 1st on the list for the abarth "abart" as they pronounce it didnt know that:confused: with my dealer but he said he will be very surprised if it is launched september normally its about a month later.had a go in the gp sporting t-jet it didnt float my boat(n) but it had a skydome on it looked nice and leather(y)

good for mini-cabbing at night:)

thats a idea will no doubt see them with BIG phone numbers emblazoned on the side of them soon,they are being discounted already.......(n) not good for 2nd hand residuals fiat are bad enough never mind being discounted just after the launch........:eek:

selling ok...folk are wise after the GP's 'teething' problems,but orders are flooding
in now people know its a good car.

goregous looking family car if i had a young family the 1.9 16v multijet 150bhp sport with 18"s on it would be the one to have in the model line up as it stands just now.they are not making 3dr models ever i was told(n)

selling ok...folk are wise after the GP's 'teething' problems,but orders are flooding
in now people know its a good car.

Thats good to hear, its about time Fiat started doing well. They deserve a bit more credit than they get. The amount of people that laughed when i said i had bought a Fiat, they have since changed their opinions and im glad.

The 500 is the car that will either make or break them imo. I personally think it will be fantastic, cant wait to see one.

Rich

Didn't they said that for the GP?

As much as they may have done you cant really base a companies future on one car when there are others in the pipeline. The GP has obviously done very well. People love it and the critics love it so now all they need to do is get a couple more out that get the same response. I havent heard a bad word about the Bravo yet in magazines which is great. I think if the 500 manages the same the stigma will be pretty much gone about Fiat. I hope.

Rich

Well if a company's future is determined by one product then they're in serious trouble anyway.. but Fiat's not in this scenario IMO; worst comes to worst they can sell off a handful of their subsidiaries as a band aid solution.

The new 500 is apparently going to come with a 5yr 300,000mile warrenty, was asking the dealer last week when I ordered my GP sporting. Looks like its going to be a winner, also supposed to be 500,000 different option combinations and the whole point of fiats new ordering system is so that they can process individual orders quicker for the 500.
Dealer was saying its the new mini, personally I really like and was trying persuade GF to get one. £9-10k seems a little expensive for starting price though!

Yeah the worst comment ive heard in the all the mags about the new bravo is that you HAVE to have 5 doors and there isn't a 3door in the pipeline as far as im aware.

what car didnt like the steering or the ride the 1 they tested had 17"s on it it said avoid them.the 2 i have driven both had 18"s wheels on them it was ok well surpressed but it did sway a little. too much body roll in my opinion girlfreind was getting a bit sea sick.they put 18"s on it but like the gps they havent really lowered the car it sits up far too high hence the body roll.very bad fiat attribute.apart from that its a very good quality product.you wouldnt think the bravo and the gp where built by the same people.nite & day.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Well if a company's future is determined by one product then they're in serious trouble anyway.. but Fiat's not in this scenario IMO; worst comes to worst they can sell off a handful of their subsidiaries as a band aid solution.

tbh they have already done this to get money in to develop the Grande.
they havent got a huge sharehold in half of what they used to.
however, they are much much stronger than 3 years ago!

the 500 will keep FIAT afloat for a lot longer anyway (y)

Hi, I'm looking at buying a new GP, probably an Abarth but I was wondering if they are going to give it stronger engines. I'd prefer a bigger petrol turbo, like 1.6 or 1.8, or at least the diesel 1.9 16v now in the Bravo.

Do you think the GP will get this kind of engines anytime next year ?

GP comes as 1.9td
That is a 1.9 8v engine and has 130 HP, unlike the one on the Bravo (16v 150 HP stock).

So what about those more powerful engines (petrol or diesel) ? Does anyone have any news, even if not official ?

Back