General GP Abarth

Currently reading:
General GP Abarth

That is a 1.9 8v engine and has 130 HP, unlike the one on the Bravo (16v 150 HP stock).

So what about those more powerful engines (petrol or diesel) ? Does anyone have any news, even if not official ?

You won't see a bigger petrol engine than the 1,4 TJET in the Abarth (150hp standard or 180hp with the SS kit).
I haven't heard anything about a bigger diesel but I think it would make sense to put the 1,9 16V MJET 150hp from the Bravo in it.

i disagree i think you will see a 1.6/1.8 in the abarth in the next 12 months.the 150bhp/180bhp/abarth/ss will be a nightmare to run. a small engine with that power is allways at a strain.fuel consumption will be dreadfulland as for reliability very ifffy.as for the alfa 16v diesel that now pumps out 165bhp in new alfas instead of the 150bhp standard god that would be the best abarth out good for the benchmark 200bhp remapped.which is a very viable option for fiat to use.:D

i disagree i think you will see a 1.6/1.8 in the abarth in the next 12 months.the 150bhp/180bhp/abarth/ss will be a nightmare to run. a small engine with that power is allways at a strain.fuel consumption will be dreadfulland as for reliability very ifffy.as for the alfa 16v diesel that now pumps out 165bhp in new alfas instead of the 150bhp standard god that would be the best abarth out good for the benchmark 200bhp remapped.which is a very viable option for fiat to use.:D

There won't be a 1,6 turbo as Fiat are using the 1,4 turbo instead.
The future 1,8 turbo (180-230hp) will go in the Bravo Abarth, it could theoreticaly go in the GP in a slightly detuned version (compared to the Bravo Abarth), but since they're already have a GP Abarth, what should they call it?

there are a lot ifs and buts with fiats the next 12-18 months should see a lot of sports versions= abarth coming out bravo abarth hmmm never heard that being mentioned at all even a 3 door:confused:

there are a lot ifs and buts with fiats the next 12-18 months should see a lot of sports versions= abarth coming out bravo abarth hmmm never heard that being mentioned at all even a 3 door:confused:

Since Fiat is putting a lot of effort into the Abarth brand, it would be strange if they didn't make a Bravo Abarth to follow up on the GP Abarth and 500 Abarth.
The info about the different engines (and more) can be read in the different presentations that Fiat used during the Fiat Investor & Analyst Day last november (the presentations can be found at www.fiatgroup.com).

So what do those presentations say ? A short digest ? :)

I would speculate that if Fiat is developing a new 1.6 T we might see it on the Punto eventually. However it would probably take a long time and it would most likely be the 'new' Abarth, something like "the 2009 version", not a parallel version to the 1.4. A 1.8 petrol turbo seems too powerful for the GP, even downtuned (not that I would mind :p).

But like many have said, the 1.9 16V (with at least 150 HP stock) would be a good choice and would fit nicely in the current engine line for GP. It could also be chiped to 180-190 and hopefully easily taken above 200 HP with evacuation and other simple tunes - which I think does appeal greatly to enthusiasts.

I disagree. Fiat have already spent several years developing the 1.4 T engine for the abarth which is now in production and on sale (on the continent). Why would they waste their time developing a 1.6 or 1.8?, it just won't happen imo. Fiat have clearly decided which engine they are using and I can't imagine them changing unless very serious issues are found witht eh 1.4, which I doubt.

Why would they waste their time developing a 1.6 or 1.8?, it just won't happen imo. Fiat have clearly decided which engine they are using and I can't imagine them changing unless very serious issues are found witht eh 1.4, which I doubt.
:yeahthat:

I disagree. Fiat have already spent several years developing the 1.4 T engine for the abarth which is now in production and on sale (on the continent). Why would they waste their time developing a 1.6 or 1.8?, it just won't happen imo. Fiat have clearly decided which engine they are using and I can't imagine them changing unless very serious issues are found witht eh 1.4, which I doubt.

The 1,8 TJET is coming. It's scheduled to be used in the Alfa 159 MY2008 and (most likely) in the Bravo Abarth. Powerrange 180-230hp (again according to Fiat's presentation last year).

IF there is a 1.8 T-jet then it won't be released with this model of the GP, maybe the next, thats what i would have thought

there's more than talk about a bravo abarth.

Attachments

• art_20411_3_01.jpg
    art_20411_3_01.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 9
  • art_20411_3_02.jpg
    art_20411_3_02.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 13
It will not be used in the punto abarth though, which is what is being debated. I'd be interested to see the 1.8 T-jet and how it performs.

I totally agree that it will not be used in the GP, I just clarified that Fiat is indeed developing a 1,8 TJET to sit above the current 1,4 TJET (just not in the GP).
It would be cool to have it in a GP though :slayer:

Back