General GP Abarth

Currently reading:
General GP Abarth

I think you will find when the abarth comes out it will be pitted against the Corsa VXR ( they are the same underneath as the chassis suspension and the engine of the VXR were designed by Fiat) but the abarth will have slightly more power,it's thought a 2 litre engine turbo'd.also pitted against the Clio sport 192 or whatever it is now and cup versions ,the Ibiza cupra thingy,based on the s2000 rally car.thats my guess.

i want more info on these abarth tuning kits

have a little patience i am sure all will be revealed in due course its out in September but cant see them doing a 2.0litre in it?its not even in the catalouge of fiat engines and if they where 2 intoduce it i am sure the motoring press would had sussed it by now:confused: :confused:

loads of websites have reported that abarth will do styling and tuning kits for current cars. so i dunno what else a tuing kit could be. im sure a turbo kit would cost thousands though.

loads of websites have reported that abarth will do styling and tuning kits for current cars. so i dunno what else a tuing kit could be. im sure a turbo kit would cost thousands though.

hmm seems interesting although i need and want more info on the abarth and the parts that will be available for the non-abarth versions of the gp!!

:yeahthat:

Problem is when you take the normal 1.4 16V StarJet found in the GP Sporting 1.4 Sporting, Punto MK2.5b Sporting and Panda 100HP you will find an engine that has been made from top to bottom designed to be Naturally Aspirated.
Depending on the internals of the 1.4 16V T-Jet it is realistic that Fiat may have up rated/changed certain things such as stronger pistons (maybe even low compression pistons) and or even a slightly different head to lower compression rather than N/A wants a high compression and In my opinion the 11:1 Compression on the 100HP is to high for a Turbo...?!!?

Now on the other hand I love Fiat and I am an enthusiast but Fiat being Fiat will have gone for a low boost turbo where the lag is minimum and max torque will peak around 2000 rpm which makes it VERY driveable and less of the kick in the back when the full boost occurs! If this is the case then a low compression conversion would be fine on the normal 1.4 16V StarJet accept maybe the head for the low compression :D.

Its the same with the Seicento 1.2 conversion which was done with Van Aaken and they did a Low booster and a High Booster and it seems that the low booster 1.2 produced around 98BHP while the high booster was anywhere up to 118BHP accept the High got things like forged pistons and what have you (y)

Cheers

Last edited:
:yeahthat:

Problem is when you take the normal 1.4 16V StarJet found in the GP Sporting 1.4 Sporting, Punto MK2.5b Sporting and Panda 100HP you will find an engine that has been made from top to bottom designed to be Naturally Aspirated.
Depending on the internals of the 1.4 16V T-Jet it is realistic that Fiat may have up rated/changed certain things such as stronger pistons (maybe even low compression pistons) and or even a slightly different head to lower compression rather than N/A wants a high compression and In my opinion the 11:1 Compression on the 100HP is to high for a Turbo...?!!?

Now on the other hand I love Fiat and I am an enthusiast but Fiat being Fiat will have gone for a low boost turbo where the lag is minimum and max torque will peak around 2000 rpm which makes it VERY driveable and less of the kick in the back when the full boost occurs! If this is the case then a low compression conversion would be fine on the normal 1.4 16V StarJet accept maybe the head for the low compression :D.

Its the same with the Seicento 1.2 conversion which was done with Van Aaken and they did a Low booster and a High Booster and it seems that the low booster 1.2 produced around 98BHP while the high booster was anywhere up to 118BHP accept the High got things like forged pistons and what have you (y)

Cheers
very TECHNICAL.........that one:D

Forgot to mentioned if Fiat did decide to use a High booster on the normal 1.4 16V StarJet there may be some blowing past the pistons rings which is why I start thinking that if the T-Jet is a High Boost then it is 100% that Fiat will have up rated a lot more making the 1.4 16V StarJet costly to upgrade to the T-Jet, but that is still being wishful, its almost guaranteed to be a Low booster IMO

Cheers

Yeah i think your going to be right, that is they way they have always been. It will be good for current owners if this is the case as it shouldnt require much in terms of other mods at all. Obviously a good set of brakes would be an idea. The only thing that does worry me is that if Fiat know a lot of people want to do this why would they risk not being able to sell the new model due to the fact that everyone is straping these turbos on. Just a thought.

Rich

Well thats actually a very good point but I think people normally buy a new car because thats the car they want and not just whats under the bonnet!

I dont really see that many people consider a Panda 100HP with the thoughts that they will strap on a turbo, they will buy a GP Abarth because they want a GP Abarth with everything done with no messing!
I would believe that Its to much hassle and not to mention that not everyone would have the skill to strap on a Turbo even if it was litrally bolt on from the same engine. I also dont expect Fiat to want to raise costs on producing this turbo engine because of worrying that to many people will be adding turbos to other models with the same lump!

As for the T-Jet in the Panda 100HP, the brakes come from the GP Sporting 1.9 and they manage to stop a car 200 Kg's heavier with ease and with 30 BHP more so id imagine that they would stop a Panda without any problem... maybe with the help of drilled & grooved discs & performance pads!

I have only seen these pics of it.
Apparently the Abarth waont be released in SA. UNlucky for me. I was planning on making some of the polo fans eat my dirt. It's like a plague here.

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 11039.jpg
    11039.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 20
What of these? They look a wee bit more complete. That Black and Red one looks like it hasn't been finished yet!
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=9421&size=1024
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=9417&size=1024
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=9415&size=1024
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=9413&size=1024
http://www.desktopmachine.com/framepic.php?id=9412&size=1024

Sorry for posting links, just new and havn't got to grips yet.
Will work out how to post pics later.
Thanks, Sorry

Back