0ae4dced (1).jpg

500 Gorgeous new lounge :D

Introduction

Picked up my beautiful new 1.2 lounge this morning!! The whole experience has been smooth and the dealer contacted me whenever there was an update. Got free mats and half a tank of petrol too! ( oh, and one of those pound thingys for the trolley with stoneacre on)

He's a tech house grey with black/white chequered cloth seats with black ambience :) very happy with him!!
Probably find the Fiat tech is years a head of most other main stream manufactures of its year though :)

Not sure about that - for eg, the canbus system is actually made by Bosch, and the rest of the electrics are the dreaded Magneti Marelli.
I wouldn't rule out another fiat after this one, but it also wouldn't be the first thing I'd look for.

Is it possible to buy and fit a height adjustable passenger seat? I know you can add it as an option. The OH is 6"4 and his head touches the glass and is always uncomfortable! Anyone know or done this themselves? Thanks :)

Is it possible to buy and fit a height adjustable passenger seat? I know you can add it as an option. The OH is 6"4 and his head touches the glass and is always uncomfortable! Anyone know or done this themselves? Thanks :)

Firstly, sorry for clogging up your thread haha!
As for the seat - do you have the Bose audio system installed?
I know that the Bose system places a subwoofer under the passenger seat, raising the height - and it can't be lowered with the sub there. So if you've got that system, I'd imagine its not possible.
I've seen that the newer model with Beats places the subwoofer in the boot, and the seat is lower on all models.

Firstly, sorry for clogging up your thread haha!
As for the seat - do you have the Bose audio system installed?
I know that the Bose system places a subwoofer under the passenger seat, raising the height - and it can't be lowered with the sub there. So if you've got that system, I'd imagine its not possible.
I've seen that the newer model with Beats places the subwoofer in the boot, and the seat is lower on all models.

That's alright, I only noticed today! As for the seat, I just have the ordinary one with the storage underneath :)

So, I've been given the chance to swap my car for a new one, for the same monthly payments. I'm tempted because 1) I've been looking to swap for something with a bit more umph! And 2) I need a car that the other half can actually fit in without his head touching the roof, even when he's slouching.

The question is, what to?

What car is it? Get a 500C and he can stick his head out of the roof then :p

TBH I'm not sure why his head hits the roof anyway unless you're putting him in the back :confused:

At the minute I've got a 500 lounge 1.2 with the fixed glass roof and the other half is 6"4. I was thinking of the 500CS with the height adjustable passengers seat ( I know the engine is the same as the one I have now but I can live with this if it stops the other half complaining about not fitting)

1) I've been looking to swap for something with a bit more umph! And 2) I need a car that the other half can actually fit in without his head touching the roof, even when he's slouching.

The question is, what to?

1 is easily solved get a twinair or abarth

as for 2 how tall is your other half? I have a mate who is 6'6" tall and he fits in comfortably. You do know the front seats recline don't you? ;)

But then his head is in the back of the car (n)

I'm not talking laying it down, just winding it back a bit. Anyone who sits bolt upright in a front passenger seat are control freaks wanting to be in charge. He wouldn't last long in my car :rolleyes: .

My mother-in-law tells my father-in-law about whats around and even has a rear view mirror for herself on the passenger side. She tried that with me ONCE. I stopped my car and told her she had a choice, get out or shut up. She has never commented on my driving since and that was over 20 years ago.

Back