0ae4dced (1).jpg

500 Gorgeous new lounge :D

Introduction

Picked up my beautiful new 1.2 lounge this morning!! The whole experience has been smooth and the dealer contacted me whenever there was an update. Got free mats and half a tank of petrol too! ( oh, and one of those pound thingys for the trolley with stoneacre on)

He's a tech house grey with black/white chequered cloth seats with black ambience :) very happy with him!!
Looks lovely! You must be chuffed to finally have it sitting on the drive

Hi,
Yes I am absolutely chuffed to finally have him :)
I was sad this morning because I had to leave him in the car park at the train station, a thing that will be happening every weekday :( but he has a 500 lounge friend there so he should be happy :D

So far very happy with Nelly, but recently I've noticed a knocking noise coming from the front drivers side :confused: and also he seems to be idling at a few more revs than normal...when I first got him he idled at around 1000rpm and now he revs himself between 1500 and 2000rpm, don't know if this is supposed to happen or what, going to take him for a long drive today see if that will help work out the kinks... Just upsetting because he's only 5 months old :(

So far very happy with Nelly, but recently I've noticed a knocking noise coming from the front drivers side :confused: and also he seems to be idling at a few more revs than normal...when I first got him he idled at around 1000rpm and now he revs himself between 1500 and 2000rpm, don't know if this is supposed to happen or what, going to take him for a long drive today see if that will help work out the kinks... Just upsetting because he's only 5 months old :(

The knocking could be premature wear in the front suspension. There have been several similar cases reported here; you can get it fixed under warranty. Best to take it to your dealer for a quick check.

The car will likely idle at higher speed when it first starts now that the weather has turned colder; provided it drops back once the engine has warmed up, this is normal.

The knocking could be premature wear in the front suspension. There have been several similar cases reported here; you can get it fixed under warranty. Best to take it to your dealer for a quick check.

The car will likely idle at higher speed when it first starts now that the weather has turned colder; provided it drops back once the engine has warmed up, this is normal.

Thanks, I have read about the suspension problem quite a lot on the forum, might just take it for them to have a quick look at after Christmas, as far as idling, it has seemed fine today but I have taken it for a longish drive, with varying speeds and revs and all seems fine :)

So far very happy with Nelly

Hi Kirstie, On holiday and settling in for the evening and just browsing the forum before my next 'Egyptian beer infusion'. I am a little confused as in your earlier posts you refer to the car as him, but as shown above you refer to the car as Nelly. Would the knocking you hear be the result of a botched gender change op.? :D

On a more serious note, the colour looks great, bet you are well pleased.

Last edited:
Hi Kirstie, On holiday and settling in for the evening and just browsing the forum before my next 'Egyptian beer infusion'. I am a little confused as in your earlier posts you refer to the car as him, but as shown above you refer to the car as Nelly. Would the knocking you hear be the result of a botched gender change op.? :D

On a more serious note, the colour looks great, bet you are well pleased.

Well, I thought I could have kept that secret to spare Nelly the shame, but now it's all out in the open :) The colour is great, so glad I chose it now :)

Enjoy your holiday :)

Last edited:
Back