0ae4dced (1).jpg

500 Gorgeous new lounge :D

Introduction

Picked up my beautiful new 1.2 lounge this morning!! The whole experience has been smooth and the dealer contacted me whenever there was an update. Got free mats and half a tank of petrol too! ( oh, and one of those pound thingys for the trolley with stoneacre on)

He's a tech house grey with black/white chequered cloth seats with black ambience :) very happy with him!!
I test drove a Punto Evo GP a month or so ago. Might be worth checking out - such a great car to drive. The only reason I didn't buy it was I found the 1.4 engine a bit lackluster compared to my 1.6 stilo.
But it did have more guts than the 1.2 500 I test drove right before it, so an improvement.

The Punto Evo (it's not a Punto Evo Grande Punto) has quite a nice 1.4 multiair engine, i had one as a courtesy car :)

So I have my mind set on an abarth 500 but the dealers (stoneacre) that offered me the swap don't have one :( next question is, seeing as though I have outstanding finance, if I just go to the dealer and say I'd like an abarth and tell them how much I owe, would that work?

Might be worth checking your insurance company for a quote on the Abarth because it's a significantly higher insurance group. Probably won't be too much higher, but you are going from a low insurance car to a performance machine (of a sorts!)

So I have my mind set on an abarth 500 but the dealers (stoneacre) that offered me the swap don't have one :( next question is, seeing as though I have outstanding finance, if I just go to the dealer and say I'd like an abarth and tell them how much I owe, would that work?

In the past when I have had finance say on a Jag and went to a Merc dealer to change for one of theirs, putting the Jag in for P/X, they had the mechanism to sort it all out. But of course the numbers have to work for you.
Fiat > Fiat(Abarth) should not phase them??

Might be worth checking your insurance company for a quote on the Abarth because it's a significantly higher insurance group. Probably won't be too much higher, but you are going from a low insurance car to a performance machine (of a sorts!)

I got a quote a while ago and it was £1 more a month than what I pay now I have 4 years no claims :)

In the past when I have had finance say on a Jag and went to a Merc dealer to change for one of theirs, putting the Jag in for P/X, they had the mechanism to sort it all out. But of course the numbers have to work for you.

Fiat > Fiat(Abarth) should not phase them??

The other half has done it a couple of times, changed a scirocco for a GT86 so I'm thinking they won't have a problem doing it. I'm going to ring the finance company tomorrow and see what the balance is.

I know I would lose out a bit financially, but the more I look at them, the more I want!!

I know I would lose out a bit financially, but the more I look at them, the more I want!!

It's your choice, you want something and if the 'price is right' for you and you are happy about it that's all that matters.

I chopped in a Merc. C Class sport for a New TA Lounge and then progressed to the A500. I came in for some 'flack' from certain quarters, even to the extent that there were rumours I was in financial difficulties.

But it was something I wanted to do and do not regret, so roll on Sept. when I have my eye on a 595.

Just rang the fincance company to get a settlement figure and it was quite a bit lower than i expected! So, if my guesstimations are correct my current car is worth more than what my settlement figure is. I'm valuing at around £9,000ish? it's 18 months old with 6,000 miles as of today! (1.2 lounge) So if my thinking is right I have about £2000 to play with (if thats how it works) Not getting my hopes up about any of this, something always goes wrong!

Rang the nearest Abarth dealer straight after and have an appointment on the 18th for a test drive :D

Edit: insurance quote for Abarth = £490 all in! or £45 a month, cheaper than what i pay now!

Last edited:
So if my thinking is right I have about £2000 to play with (if thats how it works)

It all comes down to how keen the Abarth dealer is on doing the deal.

As a trade in against a hardish to sell more expensive car, £9k for yours is certainly possible.

Keep your fingers crossed & see what happens on the 18th - and enjoy your test drive!

Back