Styling GMax Lowering Springs

Currently reading:
Styling GMax Lowering Springs

ryanM

Hi All,

These springs:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo...s/Gmax_Lowering_Spring_Kit/337/0/150749/27572

Claim to lower my 100hp by 40mm - is that realistic? Has anyone fitted them? It would be good to see some photos so that I know what I can expect.

Also, I know that the rears are easy to change, but I've not looked at the front - assume I'll need spring compressors for these - anyone done it?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan.

For the few extra quid, i would recommend you purchase some Eibach springs, realistically, you would typically get a 20mm, maybe 30 drop with those Gmax anyway. The Eibach's give a genuine -20mm drop, and i you really would not want to go any lower than that - (check the ground clearance minus 20mm).
I have had experience with Gmax springs and, they can give serious drops but also give a very jarring ride quality -their widely regarded as bottom of the pile when it comes to quality (n) (this is of course dependant also what shock absorber is used in conjunction with)
Get some spring compressors that have clamps that have a rounded profile that will mesh nicely with the coils, the 45 degree types can slip but, you may find like i did, you won't need to use the compressors to fit the new springs, your body weight will be enough to get the top mount back on.
Note, the top mounts have a point on them that points toward the rear of the car, make sure you re-fit them the way they came off !! ;)

Back