Technical getting the vin number from the ecu

Currently reading:
Technical getting the vin number from the ecu

Mine cost under £100 AND he diagnosed the faulty card (key) reader. Look for a local guy who relies on his good reputation.
cant see it been really that relevant I can get different car remotes programmed for under £60. The price for an Espace is not the same as a Panda. Its a common fault for them to fail. Auto locksmiths will do shed loads of them.

it would be like me saying I have just repaired a Suzuki Alto ABS unit. It doesn't help panda users.

Here we are talking about the Panda. We need Panda remote programming prices. If you could get a quote for the Panda and post the detail would be useful at least if would give a baseline from a known source

Of course I cleared all the codes. And the MES software prevents you from coding new keys when there are errors stored in the memory of the module.

cant see it been really that relevant I can get different car remotes programmed for under £60. The price for an Espace is not the same as a Panda. Its a common fault for them to fail. Auto locksmiths will do shed loads of them.

it would be like me saying I have just repaired a Suzuki Alto ABS unit. It doesn't help panda users.

Here we are talking about the Panda. We need Panda remote programming prices. If you could get a quote for the Panda and post the detail would be useful at least if would give a baseline from a known source
My locksmith cuts and programs key for all cars. If he can do the old Renault card key (that most will not touch) he can certainly do a Fiat. So my comment is entirely relevant.

My locksmith cuts and programs key for all cars. If he can do the old Renault card key (that most will not touch) he can certainly do a Fiat. So my comment is entirely relevant.
apple and pears

Corsa C
second hand fob £8
transponder chip £4
key cutting £10 new blank £10

opcom programme to programme key £20

If you already have opcom £32 to replace a key fob then sync the new remote

I organised a Corsa B all keys lost recently.
That included call out at night, breaking into the car, stripping a lock apart to cut a new key. £116 cash

VW Caddy
key £10
cutting £10
programming £50

someone else to do it for you £70 the sync the remote

Escape key card Renault Garage in Rochdale £80 all inclusive or £130 main dealer. By the way there are a few DIY fixes for this key card and only occasionally need a new one

Fiat requires a preprogrammed key

https://www.thmkey.co.uk/zed-full-key-programmer £3.5K + VAT one of the that can preprogram a fiat key
key blank £10 plus cutting £10
remote with transponder £28

MES or Delphi to add a preprogrammed key to the body computer not needed if using zed-full

here the rub. Because there is no cheap DIY way the going rate to preprogramme a key is over £200 by most auto locksmiths

fiat wanted £240 in 2016 I believe someone was quoted much more recently
someone on this thread were charged £160 cash which is close to £200 if vat was added and the cheapest I have seen although Castle Locks on here charge £150 but dont seem that active at the moment I suspect they would also need to see the car.

Yes its a rip off. The whole process to preprogramme a key takes less than 5 minutes and is in my opinion a semi skilled job. You still have to pull back the £3.5K invested in equipment.

Last edited:
Back