y10gtie2_800.jpg

Panda (Classic) GerTie the GTie

Introduction

Thought it was about time I introduced Gertie the Posh not Wrecked Panda properly :)

Shonky 'bay photo's on which basis the purchase was made :eek:

y19front.JPG
y10rhs.JPG

y10int.JPG

Arriving VmanC's after he kindly arranged collection. :slayer:

John_s_Y10_0011.jpg

A little taster of whats to sort....

John_s_Y10_009.jpg
John_s_Y10_008.jpg
John_s_Y10_007.jpg
John_s_Y10_006.jpg
John_s_Y10_005.jpg
John_s_Y10_004.jpg
John_s_Y10_003.jpg
John_s_Y10_002.jpg

And the inspiration

y10gtie2_800.jpg

Vernon will be getting GerTie back on the road restoring him to his former glory :worship:

Keeping it simple and stylish, planning on a decent stereo (seeing as it is hidden in it's own little compartment) and a set of custom carpet mats (tastefully embroidered with the GTie legend) are the only mods planned at present. :)

Feel free to fill in a few more details Vernon (y)
Well Gertie is finally in the workshop. :woot:

He got a little dusty in the cage so first job was to bring out the jetwash....

Silly me didn't take an after pic of the bodywork, but the engine bay looks much better for not having dead leaves and cobwebs all over it. :yuck:

I also removed the rear bumper to investigate the rust situation, this is what I found..........

I think I know what it's supposed to look like but if anyone has any pics they would be appreciated.

After a truly miserable couple of weeks that picture of a rotten back end really made me smile!!
Just a little patch and a skim of filler (alixcompo stylee of course :p) and the jobs a good 'un :devil:
I suppose Giacosa would be the man to ask if he could lift up his skirt and take a photo for you...

Last edited:
After a truly miserable couple of weeks that picture of a rotten back end really made me smile!!
Just a little patch and a skim of filler (alixcompo stylee of course :p) and the jobs a good 'un :devil:
I suppose Giacosa would be the man to ask if he could lift up his skirt and take a photo for you...

My Mrs might get jealous at that sort of talk :eek:

I'm not sure mine would be much of a reference for this. I didn't bother putting that complicated bracing structure back in just repaired the wing behind it mostly.

A very quick repair would be to take the rear seat belts out altogether and the problem area ceases to be an MOT fail. Not ideal but it works if you need it in a hurry.

Well Gertie is finally in the workshop. :woot:

He got a little dusty in the cage so first job was to bring out the jetwash....

I think I know what it's supposed to look like but if anyone has any pics they would be appreciated.

That's not dusty, this is dusty

I have had a look back through the photos of the y10 when it was stripped and this is the best I have unfortunately. If there is a particular angle you are looking for let me know and I will see what I can do. I will have two y10s to compare from next Saturday :devil:

I have a few more days off before I restart work in my new store, I'm sick of looking at boxes full of crap I obviously don't need and rummaging through said boxes for the odd thing I actually want :(

I was thinking of having a small trip to panda central (southern HQ) to see the posh one - any worth while progress to see on this one VmanC - is it running yet?

As an incentive I could bring down a small stack of the folding stuff ;)

Back