Technical Front foglight wiring

Currently reading:
Technical Front foglight wiring

BeefSupreme

Hi everyone!

I recently got a chance to strip my friend's mk2 Punto four door for parts and I noticed his Punto had front foglights whereas mine doesn't. So I took off the whole front headlight assembly, the interior switch and the engine bay fuse box.

I've checked the new headlights and noticed the foglights have a separate connector, for which I don't have the wiring. I've read somewhere FIAT would install the foglight wiring in the factory in the mk2 but they would hide it somewhere in the front bumper if the car doesn't have the foglight option. I tried searching for it but without luck.

So if someone knows where the factory wiring is located in the engine bay or if you have some other ideas of how to connect the foglights I'd be very grateful!

Some cars got an "upgraded loom" when the production line runs out of the spec needed for the car

So for example my engine bay has some of the a/c wiring for the condensor even tho i dont have a/c (not got any other part of the a/c wiring)

So chances are you wont have any connections hidden

Just find the connector and do a seperate relay and switch for it
Its gotta be on for sidelights as a minimum

Tbh the mk2 and mk2b fog lights aint owt special, they are scatter light producers to help you be seen vs actually helping you to see

Ziggy

Some cars got an "upgraded loom" when the production line runs out of the spec needed for the car

So for example my engine bay has some of the a/c wiring for the condensor even tho i dont have a/c (not got any other part of the a/c wiring)

So chances are you wont have any connections hidden

Tbh the mk2 and mk2b fog lights aint owt special, they are scatter light producers to help you be seen vs actually helping you to see

Ziggy
AKA Basically they don't actually do very much at all other than make the car look a bit better....by the time someone sees them in foggy conditions they will already have seen the main headlamps anyway. They are reasonably good at illuminating the road for a couple of feet in front of the car and to either side but that's about it really

Thanks a lot, Ziggy! (y)

I was kinda hoping to do it genuinely, not to over-modify anything so do you think there's a way to do it properly? To make it work like Fiat designed it

doesnt the harness just go into the auxillary fuse box?
if it does take it off mates car and swap it over
i have just upgraded a late plate car with loom damage to a much earlier model to save a £1000 cant say what model make its

Attachments

• wwwwwwwwwwwwwww.gif
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwww.gif
    77.9 KB · Views: 20
doesnt the harness just go into the auxillary fuse box?
if it does take it off mates car and swap it over
i have just upgraded a late plate car with loom damage to a much earlier model to save a £1000 cant say what model make its
Tbh the loom seperates off from the fuse box for the just an engine loom - so i cant see why uts not the same for other things like front headlights etc etc

Will mes still be needed to wake the ecu to it tho?

Back