Technical Installing front fog lights, punto 2b

Currently reading:
Technical Installing front fog lights, punto 2b

Stfakdj

Hi, i am installing front fog lights, punto 2b. My punto doesn't have a factory installed wires, sa i have to install them manually. Here is wiring diagram for fog lights:
Screenshot_20231019-193243_Brave.jpg

Question: There are few connectors connected on engine fusebox. Which connector should have purple wires(4,5 on engine fusebox)?

Hi, i am installing front fog lights, punto 2b. My punto doesn't have a factory installed wires, sa i have to install them manually. Here is wiring diagram for fog lights:View attachment 431487
Question: There are few connectors connected on engine fusebox. Which connector should have purple wires(4,5 on engine fusebox)?
I checked on my car and had to confirm it was the plug with the thicker wires by checking continuity. The plug with the thinner wires goes to the engine. The one with the thicker wires seems to go to the passenger fusebox. So in the manual pin 87 of relay 14 goes to pin 4 or 5 on one of those engine fuse box plugs. If you pull out the relay you can see pin 87 is marked on the bottom of the relay. Its the first connector you see when you open the fuse box hinge and start seeing the connectors under the fusebox.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-19 at 22.25.07_8b4e81c9.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-19 at 22.25.07_8b4e81c9.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-19 at 22.25.32_e82f7816.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-19 at 22.25.32_e82f7816.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I checked on my car and had to confirm it was the plug with the thicker wires by checking continuity. The plug with the thinner wires goes to the engine. The one with the thicker wires seems to go to the passenger fusebox. So in the manual pin 87 of relay 14 goes to pin 4 or 5 on one of those engine fuse box plugs. If you pull out the relay you can see pin 87 is marked on the bottom of the relay. Its the first connector you see when you open the fuse box hinge and start seeing the connectors under the fusebox.
Hi, thanks for your reply, but can you tell me color of the connector? Black one or brown one?

Hi, again, so now i have to connect engine fuse box (pin 23) and multi timer unit (pin 8). Connector on the fuse box is the same one, brown one, but which one is connector on multi timer unit. On diagram its labeled as "C" but how do i know which one is "C" connector?

Hi, again, so now i have to connect engine fuse box (pin 23) and multi timer unit (pin 8). Connector on the fuse box is the same one, brown one, but which one is connector on multi timer unit. On diagram its labeled as "C" but how do i know which one is "C" connector?y

From looking at the wiring diagram just pull a plug out and see what happens. If A is out the headlights and rear indicators dont work. If C is out the front indicators dont work but the side repeaters and rear indicators do work.

From looking at the wiring diagram just pull a plug out and see what happens. If A is out the headlights and rear indicators dont work. If C is out the front indicators dont work but the side repeaters and rear indicators do work.
You are smart, thanks to you, now i have front fog lights!

Attachments

• 20231022_171201.jpg
    20231022_171201.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
Good to know they are working. Your next problem will be they produce almost no useful light that travels into the darkness. You can however see the side of the road better! :)
They are useless, but this is project car, expect new post about electric rearview mirros wiring soon😁

Back