Fog Lights!

Currently reading:
Fog Lights!

A little rant i'm sure we all get sick of from time to time; people either leaving their fogs lights on after 'fog' or simply putting them on deliberately (but why?)for no reason - other than to look like a d*** and blind oncoming traffic.

Why?; is it that they want you to look at them a say wow that Mercedes A class has fog lights - it must be a cool car.

No!

The latest craze around here is to drive on sidelights and use just the fog lights instead of dipped beam. What a crazy and dangerous idea!

A solution i have found is at the traffic lights to pop your rear fogs on for a mo and eliminate this common problem!

Anyone else experience this fad of rage?:bang: :D

Matt

I find exactly the same problem and popping my rear lights on and off doesn't seem to work, if they're oncoming I flash my main beams at them but then they just flash theirs back at me :confused: These people must be seriously STUPID to drive along not being able to see the light(s) on their dash, good enough reason for getting their licence taken off them and retrained in how to use a car IMO.

something i didnt realise till i drove my dads focus, modern cars dont seem to have a light to remind the driver that their fog lights are on. i mean, come on, even my cinq has a light to remind you they're on.

i drive around on sidelights,but not fogs (dont have any!)

my mate with the smart used to drive on sides and fogs, was always telling to stop it - now his fogs have melted cos guess what, theyre not meant to be on all the bloody time!

arc said:
something i didnt realise till i drove my dads focus, modern cars dont seem to have a light to remind the driver that their fog lights are on. i mean, come on, even my cinq has a light to remind you they're on.

i drive around on sidelights,but not fogs (dont have any!)

my mate with the smart used to drive on sides and fogs, was always telling to stop it - now his fogs have melted cos guess what, theyre not meant to be on all the bloody time!

That just sounds like Ford-itis to me though Arc. Not good though to have a car requiring common sense to drive it that is often bought by stupid people :rolleyes:

Its annoying, i've tried flashing fogs but I think im going to have to resort to full beam. In the Multipla I don't mind, but in a Punto, being short, they're right in my eyes

C'mon guys and girls... don't you think, sides and fogs... are a lot better then a fist full of main beam or Halogen as they call it, to the face? courtosy of 4x4, Lexus, Mercedes and BMW driver?

While driving around at night I often see the side light fog combo running. I even see the dipped/fog combo. I much prefer that to poorly adjusted dipped light or Main beams are for night time lights.

Fog Lights point at the floor on most cars and really aren't that bright... are they?

People who tend to leave there fogs on in the main arent too bright either. I've given up on flashing them, I just go back to main beam, at the end of the day standard headlights are putting out 110W and no matter where the fogs are pointing you are still putting out almost twice the amount on standard.

It is against the road traffic act to use fog lights when it isnt foggy. I have also seen successful prosecutions based on this for aggresive driving.

I am driving a cinq with bucket seats so am sat very low, and find them very painful to drive into, so please people switch them off.

Trancendental said:
I drive with Sidelights and Foggies, I think it looks cool, have been doing so since the DVLA let me on the road :D

Its not about looking cool, lighting up time, means switching on your headlights :rolleyes:

Trancendental said:
C'mon guys and girls... don't you think, sides and fogs... are a lot better then a fist full of main beam or Halogen as they call it, to the face? courtosy of 4x4, Lexus, Mercedes and BMW driver?

While driving around at night I often see the side light fog combo running. I even see the dipped/fog combo. I much prefer that to poorly adjusted dipped light or Main beams are for night time lights.

Fog Lights point at the floor on most cars and really aren't that bright... are they?
I see where your coming from. But fog lights tend to be brighter (hence the need for them in the fog - no point in being the same as normal dipped beam).

You do realise you can easily get yourself a £30 quid fine for driving with fog lights on. Even if your stood still and with the engine off - unless its foggy.

Matt

fiatpuntosx said:
I see where your coming from. But fog lights tend to be brighter (hence the need for them in the fog - no point in being the same as normal dipped beam).

You do realise you can easily get yourself a £30 quid fine for driving with fog lights on. Even if your stood still and with the engine off - unless its foggy.

Matt
I know, I was told this many many many many times by the ol' five-o in my area. I ended up changing my fog lamps into Halo's in the end as Its never ever ever been foggy enough to warrent Fog lamps in my area... well there was this one time during the day when it was real foggy and the only reason I wish I had normal fogs still was to see if they actually help you see anything, I think its more of a so other drivers can see you thing but if your on the correct side of the road then its all good :p

Main Beams cut through Fog like Cillet Bang does Ground in Dirt though ;)

ah come on, loads of people around here have them on day and night, i dont mind them, they dont effect me, far better than someone having their full beams blinding you.

if my car had them i would probably put them on.

Cheers,
Ryan Edge

Trancendental said:

No, I would rather they had properly adjusted dipped beams, as the law and common sense requires. Is it really that much to ask for people to keep their cars in roadworthy condition? It's up to them what lights they have on when there's nothing else around but when they are affecting other people's driving and trying their hardest to cause an accident, why can't they use some common sense?

Badger_Benji said:
People who tend to leave there fogs on in the main arent too bright either. I've given up on flashing them, I just go back to main beam, at the end of the day standard headlights are putting out 110W and no matter where the fogs are pointing you are still putting out almost twice the amount on standard.

It is against the road traffic act to use fog lights when it isnt foggy. I have also seen successful prosecutions based on this for aggresive driving.

I am driving a cinq with bucket seats so am sat very low, and find them very painful to drive into, so please people switch them off.

Correct it IS illegal to use fog lamps when there isnt any fog and you must have been the unlucky one getting caught (n) the copper that caught you was obviously having a bad day:(

PNL said:
Correct it IS illegal to use fog lamps when there isnt any fog and you must have been the unlucky one getting caught (n) the copper that caught you was obviously having a bad day:(

:confused: I didnt say i was caught, as I dont do this. I was recounting a prosecution I was told by a friend of mine, who happens to be a traffic officer.

I don't want to go :Offtopic: here but have you peeps also noticed the number of vehicles on the roads nowadays with one or the other dip/main beam gone and what gets me is DONT THEY BLOODY REALIZE IT:mad:

What I hate more than this is the vast number of cars with no brake lights... Why does no-one ever seem to check their lights? I'd like a Go Check Your Lights campaign... I always carry spares... Am I alone?

Rant over...:)

Sometimes I feel to smash into to rear of people with no brake lights.. then get out and blame everything on them and go orrrf on one.

No brake lights is a no brainer. I was in Hammersmith once and some lady was driving. in the back there was a male holding a child, I tried to pull along side to notify the driver of the no brake light situation as I know not all cars are as technologicallly advanced as mine with warnings etc :p she continually tried to cut me up for half a mile and when I did get along side both the male and female looked at me like I was crazy, God sometimes I wish I was five-0. BANNED!

Trancendental said:
I drive with Sidelights and Foggies, I think it looks cool, have been doing so since the DVLA let me on the road :D

PMSL ...or are you for real? :eek: :rolleyes:

Back