Technical Fiat TomTom SatNav that is not Blue&Me

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat TomTom SatNav that is not Blue&Me

Hi,

Can anyone help me with some pictures or information on the TomTom satnav that Fiat marketed through their accessory department that was not a Blue&Me.

The local dealer is trying to convince me Fiat never sold a TomTom that was not Blue&Me and I know this is not true.

The ones they sold non Blue&Me for some reason were focused on the early Fiat500L and the box had the Fiat logo on but not the blue&me rainbow man which is why I askk in the 500L forum.

If anyone has the box still and can upload some pictures of the top and sides this would be much appreciated.

Farrah:worship:

The reason Fiat did away blue and me Tom Tom on the 500L is that’s when they ditched blue and me and introduced Uconnect blue and me was no more and if you wanted satnav on your new Fiat 500L then you had to pay for the upgraded uconnect system that had a Tom Tom satnave built in.

It may be around that time Fiat started selling some after market TomTom satnavs in dealerships, but there was no longer anything special with the satnav connecting to the cars media system like the blue and me one did.

It may even be they stuck a fiat sticker on the box, but having a lot around I have only found one reference to a non blue and me tomtom, it was an eBay ad with no box and the unit just looked like any other tomtom

It may even be they stuck a fiat sticker on the box, but having a lot around I have only found one reference to a non blue and me tomtom, it was an eBay ad with no box and the unit just looked like any other tomtom
They certainly did a lot more than just put a Fiat sticker on the box(n) the box carried an embossed emblem of Fiat, Lancia and Alfa

The Sat Nav was not really just a basic TomTom it carried a full range of the Chrysler Logos in partnership with TomTom and the cars images for the selction on screen for powering up, closing down and showing your car on the route road map. However it did not have the BlueMe feature and was marketed for cars that selected the 68R dash mount but not the Blue Me feature. Other than that yes it was just a basic GO 1000 LIVE but even the Blue&Me look the same until switched on. The variances are all in the software programmed into it.

They do appear regularly on eBay especially from an Italian seller but this was one that recently sold on eBay in the UK and the pictures show all the marque logos and various vehicle models that could be selected.

The main dealer has appologised for the misinformation given and has also been made fully aware that earlier cars with MagnetiMarelliMAP or TomTom(one) installed CAN be updated to the TomTom2 as my car successfully was

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153944184622

Farrah

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
They certainly did a lot more than just put a Fiat sticker on the box(n) the box carried an embossed emblem of Fiat, Lancia and Alfa

They do appear regularly on eBay especially from an Italian seller but this was one that recently sold on eBay in the UK and the pictures show all the marque logos and various vehicle models that could be selected.

Reguardless of a logo on a box of a gif or png file of a logo it was just a normal tomtom with some branding applied. The blue and me tomtom did actually have a different set of software to allow it to integrate with the cars systems such as being able to control the radio from the screen of you tomtom and also showed eco drive information.

The unit you’re talking about had no special software just the standard software and some files to give it some Fiat branding.

Tomtom are easy to customise, on my old unit circa 2008 I had the picture of the back of my car on the navigation screen, I had a custom start up logo offering a reward if found (in case I lost it) as the start up screen this is all Fiat do. The blue and me tomtom actually knew what car it was connected to and changes it’s logos and the car pictures to match automatically.

Regardless of all that they are still a genuine Fiat accessories as I have stated and NOT one modified by an individual adding logos. We purchased a NOS non Blue&Me one from Partsworld to take to the dealer along with my car to show how the software could be updated on the cars to take the later TomTom2 Blue&Me model and if non Blue&Me car but with 68R they could just add the non Blue&Me TomTom model as that is just a clip in job......... However the problem is the supply feed to the 68R will not always be there if the cars software has not been programmed.

Whilst not all Fiat/Lancia/Alfa marketed TomToms I agree do have the BlueMe software feature when either device connected to the computer to update to the latest maps as ALL new ones need to be, in the corner of the computer screen both come up on the TomTom MyDrive site with the Fiat logo, so this is NOT something anyone else would be able to program into TomTom's main server software.......apart from maybe my work partner 'Hacky' but then I would have to arrest him.

We did try to hack into the TomTom unit itself to extract the software images for all the marques and the vehicle graphics but were unsuccessful in the time we had to work with the unit.

A secondhand basic TomTomGo 1000 Live can be bought for under £10. So if you could add all the manufacturers logos easily and retail for £50 (but not as a genuine Fiat model as the one just sold on ebay linked before) that would be a pretty good ROI.

While we were at the dealer my work partner actually updated two secondhand cars for them and showed them what to do on any older used car where they can now sell some of the TomTom2's Fiat may still have in stock. Through word of mouth we have also been contacted and successfully updated the Blue&Me BMConfig files for in car software on two older Alfa Mito's.

It has taken Hacky a few months now to work all this out and it started originally with me just wanting a decent satnav on my daughters 2010 car due to a lousy MagnetiMarelliMAP that was originally fitted and getting similar negative responses from everyone that it couldn't be done.

All that was detailed with pictures in this old post

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/479872-blue-me-map-vs-blue-me-tomtom-2-a.html

Farrah

Back