Technical tow head cap popped out and won’t go back in and what is the wire for that’s connected to it?

Currently reading:
Technical tow head cap popped out and won’t go back in and what is the wire for that’s connected to it?

Teresamc56

As above. The cap on my front tow hole has popped out and I can’t get it back in. Why? It came out before and it went in just fine. It’s blown out because of high winds. Anyway, how do I secure it now? And what is the short wire for? You can see the end has a little shoe on it. Is it broken? What is the cap attached to with the other wire that goes through the cap and into the bumper?

Attachments

• IMG_1839.jpeg
    IMG_1839.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1837.jpeg
    IMG_1837.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Great. So how do I pop it back in? It doesn’t seem to want to stay in this time?

If you have an old wiper blade, there's 2 lengths of stainless steel in them and you cut a bit slightly longer than the cap. Hot glue it to the back and the steel will lock onto the inside of the hole.... if that makes sense 🤔
I usually buy long wipers cheap in Lidl and cut them to size when I need a wiper blade for my cinquecento rear wiper as its only the rubber that goes. A dremil is handy to have.

A rear wiper, I only replace one when I sell a car. I never use them much (If ever) keep my wing mirrors cleaned. Very seldom even look out the back window and only wash it when I wash the car anyway.

If it's driving behind. It can stay there, don't care.

If it's white with some blue go faster stripes and has a blue flashing lights, still ignore it. No matter how much they swerve, blow their horns at me

If they want past they have to get past. I won't stand in their path.

Lost plenty of my useful time ignoring cops when they decide (alway wrongly) to pull me in and ask 'Didn't you see/hear us behind you', I did and ignored you, as legally you cannot to fuc£ all you uncivil servant.

Now go catch some real criminals like shoplifters and drunks jaywalking.

That's my 10p.

A rear wiper, I only replace one when I sell a car. I never use them much (If ever) keep my wing mirrors cleaned. Very seldom even look out the back window and only wash it when I wash the car anyway.

If it's driving behind. It can stay there, don't care.

If it's white with some blue go faster stripes and has a blue flashing lights, still ignore it. No matter how much they swerve, blow their horns at me

If they want past they have to get past. I won't stand in their path.

Lost plenty of my useful time ignoring cops when they decide (alway wrongly) to pull me in and ask 'Didn't you see/hear us behind you', I did and ignored you, as legally you cannot to fuc£ all you uncivil servant.

Now go catch some real criminals like shoplifters and drunks jaywalking.

That's my 10p.
I live 500mtr away from a cop shop, not going to **** them off playing games also my neighbourhood isn't the best so it's best not to be looking for attention 🤐👍🇮🇪

Drove plenty of box on Transit, Leyland-Daf, Renault, Vauxhall pickups, you have a rear view mirror in the cab, but all you can see from it is the cab body.

The side door mirrors help you see around the stuck out edges of the box, the N/s one I used to stick looking down the O/s one was the one I used, kept it clean but angled it out so I could see what was trying to overtake me (not hard most of them had a 'lasts for ever' 2.5cc normal asperation Perkins diesel that can only do 74mph - 86mph depending on load, uphill or downhill.

The marked/Unmarked police babylon 'The Guards' used to pull me over quite a bit in those for blocking there path.

Until I drove one of the later Turbo Di's. They flew though, as they were not tampered with.

Give cops a stab vest and they think there Clit Eastwood in Dirty Harry😁

And the Leyland-Daf I drove had a bigger rear window than the rest and it had a rear wiper and it worked. 😳

I remember the transit 2.5 fondly. I worked for securicor back in the day, and let's just say they drove the same empty as they did full with all the armour plating. The rule was it had to filled with diesel and you never turned it off all day, you may have had to get away quickly if something happened, didn't want to be a sitting duck either. Spare vans were started on a Monday and often on a Wed they'd still be running in the yard. This was because the batteries took a hammering with the radio equipment etc.
They were all replaced by mercs which were easier to drive but broke down more often 🙄.... progress 😁

Don't get me started with Securicor and I don't want to relive this, but imagine this scenario.

A wet ending to a Freezing cold day in February 1995, when it was snowing earlier.

A motorbike courier drives home from a very damp and hard day of deliverys.

He (really Me) is driving along the M8 motorway during rush hour, almost home, only a quarter of a mile until he parks his motorbike in his lock up, and walks the 150 yards to his abode.

Unknown to him, some driver of a armoured van has broken down on the Dennistoun Blockiern turn off, he settles his manky unlit transit van just beyond the main overhead junction sign unlit (as his alternator has failed and drained the battery) 😵 the hard shoulder was on the righthand side of the cut off.

And guess what happened, yes the machanic sent to fix the van is unprepared for this eventually, so instead of calling the citrac (phone only twenty yards before junction) and getting them to shut the junction and get a plod car to block the slip road.

And then use his van to push or pull the armoured on onto the hard shoulder/lay by and clear the lane.

He gives his van to the driver of the armoured van, and sits in the armoured van.

SIXTEEN minutes later😵😵 He hears a massive bang and opens the drivers door to find me lying under it.

So he drags me in front of the van (unconscious) in front of the van.

My mangled motorcycle is about ten yards from me still running on its side, so jumps back inside the van, uses his mobile phone to call 999 and report this accident.

Then he gets back out of the van, then moved the motorcycle off the lane (by now lucky for me) a furniture companys long wagon had stopped a d blocked of the cut off. And moved it once the ambulance arrived
The police were a bit upset that they couldn't get past a Fuc&ing big wagon to breathelise me (they couldn't As I was in shock).

Cops told witnesses, they were going to charge this fool.

I was in hospital for three months getting over a smashed left femur (got pinned) smashed both Tibulas and Fibulas they got external fixation.

Cops came to visit me, but for a month I was in intensive care in a coma and a was full of tubes and machines and out of my tree on morphine.

When I woke from my coma, they came back and took my statement *I said I don't even remember what the frack happened* they told me the driver had been reported to the law.

Long story, short I had my day in court, I was blamed for my own stupidity, Securicor Lawers won, I lost. My Lawers were shi7e, and as much use as barb wire shi7e rag.

I had to pay Securicor fees. (Which I never did)

Me and John Q law have always had a love hate relationship. I hate them, they love to stop me.

Attachments

• 2007-07-23-1637-25.jpg
    2007-07-23-1637-25.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I rode bikes too and I don't know anyone who hasn't crashed off one, me included. Securicor had a limit, accidents costing them less than £5000 they paid up without question, anything over that they fought in court and unlike yourself there are people who would think they hit the jackpot and try claiming for anything they thought they could dream up. people take the **** and companies have to make a stand. I was health and safety rep aswell and you wouldn't believe the shite people come up with if they think a claim is worth £££

Never was blamed by Sercuricor or their lawyers. The judge said ' I don't find anyone to blame, for this unfortunate accident, but find in Securicors favour.' You can always appeal against my decision though.

Well I never had to pay my solicitors fees, as my case equaling (£000. 000) was no 'win no fee' It didn't work out with my cross bench group of Group 4 lawyers they wanted £ 6.000.😵

Not bitter though. You win some, but lose the biggest pay day of my life.

I would lie if I didn't have a hammer in my car to strike every Securicor van I saw parked, but my brother's mate told me that they had to report any panel/lights/window damage to their transport manager, and during courier life I also worked for Securicors courier wing Pony Express. And they had plenty of claims they boldly refused to pay.

And the Boss of Pony Express Jose Hughes, told me ' If your claim amounts to a phone number they will deny any blame be warned'.

But since I had a flat to stay in, a understanding paramour.

And friends to laugh at my misfortune, I stood proud after my failure.😁

Back