General factory order delivery times

Currently reading:
General factory order delivery times

pjp

Has anyone had a stilo on factory order delivered recently, or is currently waiting for one [?]

I ordered an Abarth 14 weeks ago with still no sign of the car.;)

Paul

Have you chased it up with the dealer?

They should be able to look up on their system what stage the car is at in the build process and/or tell you the current schedule. Doesn't mean it won't change but they have no excuse for not getting you the info!

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth

I had different problem with my Stilo MW (personalized; cruise control, tinted windows..), I ordered it late in August and they told me it will arrive in Slovenia on October 2-8 but it arrived on September 25 so I had a big problem - how to raise enough money since salary arrives on 1 every month. :D:D:D

Saint

Stilo MW 1.9 80HP, Tiziano Red, Visteon MP3 player, extra tinted windows, cruise control

When I chased the dealer in August they said delivery sometime in September.

Then last month they said Fiat UK were estimating Mid October for delivery!

Paul

Same here Paul.
I ordered it on the 9th of December and every month i got an excuse saying something was stalled. Finaly i got it excactly 5 months later!!! That's the 9th of May. I didn't chase the dealer because i live in a small country and as he explained, if you order a small amount of cars FIAT ignores you until they realy don't have much work. You should chase them though.

Andreas (CY)
Fiat Stilo 1.6 3Door Dynamic, Metallic Black, 16" Alloys, Dual Zone Climate Control, Steering Wheel Radio Buttons.

Hi all,<
You must all have money to burn, as soon as you leave the dealers your car as just lost £2000 to 3000 quid. I picked up my abarth, after they put leather and cd changer in it
3000miles on the clock a year old with 2 years warranty for £12000 I think you will agree
That’s a lot of car for peanuts
Cliff Martin

All singing All dancing Abarth

Ordered my Stilo on the 5th July, arrived last week and 12 weeks to the date as the estimated. Kept me up to date with the build date, delivery date etc etc.

As far as burning money is concerned, had my Stilo on company discount with the wife's work. Walked out saving just under 4 grand as I bought quite a few extra's. Looked at the current depreciation guide and in around 3 years my car will be worth about 9 grand!. Around what we paid for it so will part ex for a newer version with discounts again therefore won't have to pay a penny!!!!

Stilo Dynamic 1.8 16v (Metalic Black, side skirts, rear spoiler and 17" wheels)

The comment about burning money is flawed because of the huge discounts available - I'm getting a car to my spec for 12.5 grand brand new through a UK fiat dealer !

If you buy a second hand abarth at 12 months its either being sold because its got a heap load of problems, or its an ex hire/demo car that has had the guts thrashed out of it - no thanks

Paul

well,seems i am one of the lucky ones! I waited about 6 weeks for delivery. Those were the days!! Ahhhh...I remember back in good old 2002!!

pantelis
2002 Stilo 80 Active, no alloys, no power tuning, tinted windows, love the sky window though!

ive just ordered a new Fiat Stilo 1.8 3Door Dynamic, Metallic Black, 16" Alloys,and saved £3300 off the listed price
so what the point of buying a second hand one when you can get a new one .
and i know no ones thrashed it.
from a local dealer too.there giving Massive discounts at the minute.

My Stilo had 1000 EUR discount (regular price 15.000 EUR, mine was 14.000 EUR). I bought it in a small village in the middle of nowhere, if I bought it in Ljubljana (our capital) I would receive only glimpse into fancy car sales point, handshake and 1000 EUR rip-off.

Saint

Stilo MW 1.9 80HP, Tiziano Red, Visteon MP3 player, extra tinted windows, cruise control

I had to wait 13 weeks after being told it would take 8-10. As long as a dealer is honest with their timetable. But when they say one thing to impress, then the opposite happens, that's when I get annoyed.

I got a discount through work too. It worked out cheaper to buy new, than to buy second hand. :D In a few years when I come to trade-in, I won't have lost that much on it.

"Mossy" Your stilo sounds very similar spec to mine apart from the 17" and side skirts that I have. Metalic black looks the business too doesn't it!!:):p.

My mate's just bough a Rover MG ZR 160 and I have to be honest there isn't much in the performance bearing in mind the ZR is 160bhp and has a close ratio gear box, the interior of the Stilo is by far steps ahead in design and comfort plus the exterior I think is better too!:):p

Laters

Steve[^]

Stilo Dynamic 1.8 16v (Metalic Black, side skirts, rear spoiler and 17" wheels)

I ordered mine from Fiat in Tunbridge Wells at the start of July, delivery was promised to be on 1st September, however it was a lot latter than that.... I got the usual answers to why it was delayed, anything to get you off the phone, my car was always in transport... I did get my car on September 28th, but only after I wrote them the letter to cancel the order if they didn't supply the car in 7 days (check the back of your order contract) they delivered the car on the 7th day after they recieved my letter - to be fair I don't think it was the dealers fault as since I've got the car I've noticed the production stickers on the leather seats. they were made in September, and the keys weren't made until the end of August, so it sounds like a factory problem or back log... Besides, no real harm done, as it gave me time to sell my almost impossible to sell Jeep privately, so I did even better out of the deal in the end.
As for the discounts - Thames Tunbridge Wells matched the JamJar.com price with no hesitation, £8995 (26% off) without the options for a 1.6 Dynamic 3 door OTR, don't know or care if I could have got a better price, I was happy with the deal I got as it was from a main dealer, and new.

1.6 3 Door Dynamic, Sprint Blue, Sky Roof, leather interior (17s on 'back order' from Fiat)

Beat This!

Ordered my stilo with Jamjar March 2003, delivered July WRONG SPEC.
Re-ordered July, was due Sept 15th, then Sept 29th, then '1st or 2nd week of October', then Oct 20th, now Oct 25th!!!!

The thing is on my last 'progress' call the chap seemed worried, Fiat have not even issued a chassi number yet, once they do this the registration doc should take 2weeks, i'm no mathematician but surely that means they will fail on the 25th also!!!

I am so pissed off with the whole situation, I want a firm date, I don't care if its 2005 but I want a serious estimate, it seems as if they're dreaming up the first thing that comes into their heads.
I mean its not rocket science is it, they know where the f**king car is. I am sick of building my hopes up and being let down.

Again, I am sure that this is an issue with Fiat (great reflection on the good times to come with owning a Fiat!) but Jamjar are not really providing any sense either, aggrevatingly stupid to be honest.

PS If my fiat turns out to be a dud with the level of problems I have seen on some of these pages after all this, I swear I'll drive it 9\11 style straight into Fiat HQ.

Sorry guys I've just had a it with all this crap.

Later, Cookie

Stilo 1.9JTD Dynamic, Moire Black, Leather, MP3 stereo, cruise control, dual zone climate control, sun window, electronic alarm, spoiler/skirts, cold climate pack.

Cancel the order and get any money back as they have
broken the contract.
Go to a dealer and try for a similar deal there.

Fiat Stillo MW. 1.9JTD
Met. Blue. all Electric. Skywindow..SatNav+
17" 7 spoke alloys.
Rear Parking sensor and Puddle Lights.

......Ham............

I must agree with Ham cancel the order if the dealer doesnt know where your car is then who knows.take your money back its your choice

5D 80 Fiat Stilo Dynamic Metal. Loden Green

*** UPDATE ***
Finally got some sense from the dealer today after they checked on the Fiat tracking system.

Order placed (by me) 1st July
Order placed on Factory 29th July [:(!]
Scheduled build date 1st week November
Ship to UK 4 weeks.....
Car by Xmas assuming no delays[V]

When I ordered the car I was expecting to have the Stilo for a couple of months before my company car went back to the lease company in November. Now I guess it will have to be the wives car for a while:D

Paul

Stilo Abarth, Broome Yellow, Alarm - Factory order, still waiting.....

Back