General factory order delivery times

Currently reading:
General factory order delivery times

Hi All,

Sunday night now. Had a call from Jamjar to say they were expecting delivery of my car this weekend so will wait to see tomorrow of any news. The thing is looking at PJP's post his order was placed before mine (i think) so I am a bit scared.

I had promised myself not to build myself up but to be told on Friday 'we are expecting delivery this weekend' is a bit more definate than an estimated delivery date - will let you know.

Stilo 1.9JTD Dynamic, Moire Black, Leather, MP3 stereo, cruise control, dual zone climate control, sun window, electronic alarm, spoiler/skirts, cold climate pack.

Let us know how you get on. Jamjar will have sourced the car thro Dixon Motors (same guys supplying my car), so I'd be interested to see what happens.

Paul

Stilo Abarth, Broome Yellow, Alarm - Factory order, still waiting.....

Surprise surprise,

Jamjar still have not recieved my car, still do not know the chassis no., still do not know where the hell the car is - if its even built yet. Have no idea when they will recieve it HAVE FAILED AGAIN ON THE DELIVERY DATE!!!! (see my earlier post).

With all the above taken into account how the hell can they by giving out estimated delivery dates on cars.

The system is perfectly engineered to make you want to kill people - if only they weren't so far away.........

LATER

Stilo 1.9JTD Dynamic, Moire Black, Leather, MP3 stereo, cruise control, dual zone climate control, sun window, electronic alarm, spoiler/skirts, cold climate pack.

I'd never heard such a thing!

You could wait 6 months a 360 Modena not a Stilo...[:(!]

new_box1.gif

new_box2.gif

Can't you have back your money?...

---------------------------
Fiat Brava 1.4 12v sx

Believe me I've thought of it, but there is nothing which really interests me more than a Stilo and I don't want to join the back of the queue AGAIN!!!

No way the dealer could find one that's built to nearly your spec and add the other bits on??

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth with graphite wheels and all the toys

Not a bad idea but would the dealer match the price? He wouldn't when I originally gave him the chance.
They rang me on Tues to say they had no idea where the car was and promised to ring Thurs with news. Its now Sunday they never rang back have failed on the date but even worse now I have no new date and no more the wiser to where the car is.
I think PJP your having much a much better time than me, I would rather be told Dec and forget about it until then than go back 5 days every time I get to within a delivery date.
I really have not ever had this poorer service anywhere - NIGHTMARE

ummm.... a better time? I'll believe that when the car turns up - it's supposed to be built this week - fingers crossed

Paul

Cookie,

Probably Fiat hasn't produced your Stilo yet, and after 6 months I don't know how this is possible... anyway in these days also Italian dealers can't order a Stilo...

I have an opinion about this...
https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4268

Roberto

---------------------------
Fiat Brava 1.4 12v sx

Was told by Jamjar that delay was due to restyling (Roby) still no car (PJP), now due 15th November (apparently) but not much hope I don't think.

You guys are mad to put up with this. I ordered by Stilo on 15th September. It it now sitting in the UK waiting for delivery to the dealer. Thats will be about 10 weeks. I made it very clear i was not willing to wait longer than 12-15 weeks when I ordered the car and they have kept their promise to deliver. You have rights under the sales of goods act for the supplier to deliver goods in a reasonable time. I would say you have a very good case to say this is not reasonable. If my dealer can deliver then they should all be able to.

If you want 'standard spec' cars, delivery is not too much of a problem as the dealers have a constant stream of them coming in from the factory. You will probably find that your car was actually ordered from the factory back in June !

I think 90% of Abarths are factory orders due to the small quantities sold, and the number of different spec combinations you can have. At the time I ordered my car I was told there were only 2 new Abarths in the country, and they were both allocated to customers.

For me the delay isn't too bad as I still have the company car, but once that goes at the end of the month its more of a problem.

Paul

Well,

Fiat told Jamjar they would have my car Thursday (setting up a Wednesday delivery for me). Come Thursday Jamjar still had not received the car, now Monday car still hasn't arrived with Jamjar. Looks like I won't have the car for another week.

Uncomfortably numb....Cookie

ordered my multiwagon in the middle of july for delivery on september 1, but because of the colour they said that the earliest delivery would be late october or sometime in november.
so to get the car in september i had to change the colour, or wait 3 months + .

Back