Technical Drop links and track rod ends

Currently reading:
Technical Drop links and track rod ends

tommo1

Not been here a while, little 2005 Panda MJ has run fine for months. However, 2 recent issues.

Anti-roll bar droplinks had gone again, the n/s at the bottom and the o/s at the top. I fitted pattern ones in 2011 and they've gone again in less than 27k miles. There were only £9.19 for the pair so what did I expect? Splashed out £11.50 this time.

There is still a slight clunk over speed bumps and I think it's the track rod ends. Other forums suggest they will clunk when wiggled but they don't. I can reach under the car and move them at the hub end fore and aft under moderate effort though, with the weight still on the car. Are they shot? Car has done 147k now so they've done well if so.

The suspension arms were changed in 2012 so I believe they are OK, and I'm hoping it's not the front shocks themselves.

Hi,
for the cost involved - I would do the track-rod ends anyway,

what kind of mileage have the shocks / dampers done? :confused:
anything over 60K is doing well,

we did our overhaul - 1.1 active 2004 - at 70K and made a huge difference, quieter AND smoother
£100 well spent,(y)

Charlie

Thanks for the reply. 147k miles on the whole car. Shop4parts are doing the track rod ends even cheaper than I can find on ebay at the moment, under £25 delivered for both (they are sided unlike the Panda Classic), so you're right, for the price, I'll change them anyway. I can rotate them very easily and they may fail completely!

Back