drink driving

Currently reading:
drink driving

If the guy is so drunk that he needs help getting into his car - I'd have his keys & walk away... to the nearest cop shop.

Would I report a DD? in a heartbeat.

And not just DD, but also those driving whilst using a mobile.

Sod the money! Ring them immediately.

A recommendation I do have though, do NOT take their key away from them. Stop them getting in the car by all means but do not take their key.

Dom

Say here - let me open your car for you - You quickly reach in, grab the bonnet pull
Your friend then reache's in and yanks every sensor off there plugs :)
Or if its a throttle cable - quickly unwind it off the spindle :)

That'll make he work to get it running and by the blue's and two's will be there :)

Ziggy

Christmas eve 2011 ruined one drink drivers Christmas, reported him to the police, gave running commentary on a 999 call and they got him.

Funny thing is I was smashed, passenger in sisters car as she had picked me up, and apparently I gave a better commentary than some officers. 0500hrs in the morning, had police around taking a statement.

Its a shame sister refused to have a dash cam fitted, if she had the youtube revenue would have been something else, as it really does sound like I'm exaggerating when I say he was bouncing off curbs, but he really was!

I'd happily do it again, regardless of the reward being in place or not, although I wouldn't turn the £1k down :p

Say here - let me open your car for you - You quickly reach in, grab the bonnet pull
Your friend then reache's in and yanks every sensor off there plugs :)
Or if its a throttle cable - quickly unwind it off the spindle :)

That'll make he work to get it running and by the blue's and two's will be there :)

Ziggy

That could be construed as criminal damage by certain do-gooder brigades :p

£1000 compared to the £1,000,000 each death on a uk road costs the tax payer so they could catch 1000 drink drivers for the cost of just one road death.... Seems like a bloody good deal to me. Especially when you consider the damage 1000 drink drivers could cause

I think the money is more an incentive for people to shop their mates and family members, not really aimed at the folk of this forum

Now here's a question.
Everybody so far has quite rightly (in my view) said that they would have no hesitation in shopping the drunk driver, either with or wqithout the reward.
If you knew of a driver who had had a night out the night before and was more than likely still over the limit, but he (or she) thought that they were ok to drive.
Would you shop them?

Now here's a question.
Everybody so far has quite rightly (in my view) said that they would have no hesitation in shopping the drunk driver, either with or wqithout the reward.
If you knew of a driver who had had a night out the night before and was more than likely still over the limit, but he (or she) thought that they were ok to drive.
Would you shop them?

Done it, two years ago to a mates dad. He ignored multiple pleas by members of his family so I called the police (I don't have to interact with him very often). I told him I was going to do it too and he thought I was bluffing, BIG mistake.

yes, they are the worst and biggest risk. so many drive like idiots on their way to work though they are probably harder to spot than ones at night.

even if you haven't drank the night before if you have only had 4 hours sleep you are the same risk as some on who is drunk. i read lots of facebook statuses from people who think its ok to drive tired :(

yes, they are the worst and biggest risk. so many drive like idiots on their way to work though they are probably harder to spot than ones at night.

even if you haven't drank the night before if you have only had 4 hours sleep you are the same risk as some on who is drunk. i read lots of facebook statuses from people who think its ok to drive tired :(

i learnt me lesson once, as part of really learning to drive, when tiredness kicked in hard and fast, i was bouncing eye lids

I had to tell myself - STOP
Next truck stop - had 10mins, chocolate and lucozade, and i was fine for 30mins before it hit again....

Another stop and again, time to drink another bottle and chocolate, waited 10 / 15mins of relaxing, but my god its the most horrible way to drive....

So much soo - im not doing a run like that any time soon!

Ziggy

Back