Cyclists vs Drivers Tv show

Currently reading:
Cyclists vs Drivers Tv show

As a person who's recently returned to cycling in a vain attempt to become fitter as well as cutting down on commuting costs, hopefully by Spring, that's next year, I shall be watching this with interest. From the link here it does look, unfortunately, as if the BBC will be going for a sensational approach rather than a factual one.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it but I hope they do let the facts get in the way of a good story.

and me, it showed some idiot drivers and some idiot Cyclists. only difference is the drivers are protected by a steel shell,

A steel shell weighing upwards of a tonne, sadly, there are many who use this to bully - and, even more sadly, many are not fussed about who they bully - so any road user is a viable target.

I don't think its right trying to intimidate other road users. Even if they are trying to intimidate you by either pulling out or being in the middle of the road, retaliation by trying to 'bully' them back only causes more road rage, if only we could all be patient and act sensibly, unfortunately most of us don't.
I know there have been times on a stressful morning that I must've intimidated cyclists or such and regretted my actions after.
I do try to not work up any form of road rage but some drivers do make it hard.

A steel shell weighing upwards of a tonne, sadly, there are many who use this to bully - and, even more sadly, many are not fussed about who they bully - so any road user is a viable target.

but the nutters on the bikes were trying the same tactics, they are both the same sort of person. being that sort of person on a bike is going to get them killed

I can see the need for some of those bikers to have a very solid bike pump with them.

Did you see the taxi driver holding the big black torch? like it was for hitting cyclists with.

IMO a very balanced program that showed both sides have as-sholes - its just that in the main it is the cyclist that comes off worse.

The one that ran into the woman on the path was wrong and an idiot.

Back