Technical CV replacement guide (is there one)

Currently reading:
Technical CV replacement guide (is there one)

stratis

Going to change CV boots once parts come into FIAT

i see on your web site you say "CV drive shaft boot replacment guide" upcoming things.

will it be anytime soon ? your other guides etc... are very helpful.

many thanks

Cheers

cheers guys.....

just waiting on the parts now from fiat. However if you want to post any pics im sure it will help. After being under the B for the best part of 2 hours tonight it seem straight forward enough "famous last words"

i guess if there is anything to watch out for? or tricks of the trade i should know please feel free to add to the thread

Thanks

Couple of tips for getting hub nut off, etc:

- jack up one side of the car and take the wheel off. Use an axle stand!!!
Leave the other front wheel on the ground. Put the car in 1st gear to stop the driveshaft turning. You need to bend out the stakes in the hub nut using a flat screwdriver or similar, then get a big breaker bar or torque wrench plus preferably 3 ft of scaffold pole and undo the hub nut - it's on at 280nM.
IMG_4272.jpg :D

Then, undo the 6 hex-head bolts that hold driveshaft to the diff flange or intermediate shaft flange. Driveshaft can then be knocked out of the hub with a rubber mallet.

Dismantling the driveshaft is covered in my Leaky Gerbox thread from ages ago, but if you are stuck, you know where I am.

Cheers
Doogal.

Personally, to avoid putting the strain on the gearbox, I would have somebody standing on the brakes whilst you undo the hub nut:)

Great stuff doogal!!! cant wait to get the parts from fiat so we can get cracking with the CV joints.

my mate has a "POWER" bar so should to the trick with regards to taking the nut off.

Strangely on this B one CV joint came apart, but corresponding CV joint on the other axle was 'Non-Revisionable' or something like that...

Attachments

• AxlesBrakes 003.jpg
    AxlesBrakes 003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 20
  • AxlesBrakes 005.jpg
    AxlesBrakes 005.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 21
Fitted back on the car at last

Attachments

• Pic 052a.JPG
    Pic 052a.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 23