Technical Hood replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Hood replacement

I need a new hood, mine is completely nackered. Phoned a local trimmer today and a black / mohair / fixed window is £1150 fitted. I have no idea if that is a reasonable price, but don't think I have many options. I am far to busy to attempt it myself.

I need a new hood, mine is completely nackered. Phoned a local trimmer today and a black / mohair / fixed window is £1150 fitted. I have no idea if that is a reasonable price, but don't think I have many options. I am far to busy to attempt it myself.
I think providing they are a recommended company and do a good job, that is probably quite fair.
I have had covers and canopies made for boats repaired and even poor jobs soon get expensive. To the point that in the end I bought an industrial sewing machine and suitable material and did it myself, though I freely admit not to a high standard it still lasted many years in all weathers:)

I think providing they are a recommended company and do a good job, that is probably quite fair.
I have had covers and canopies made for boats repaired and even poor jobs soon get expensive. To the point that in the end I bought an industrial sewing machine and suitable material and did it myself, though I freely admit not to a high standard it still lasted many years in all weathers:)
I think that's fair - but I can recommend DTR, where I had a black mohair fitted for a little less 18 months ago. Charlie is their well-experienced fitter and did a superb job - he needs two days.

I think that's fair - but I can recommend DTR, where I had a black mohair fitted for a little less 18 months ago. Charlie is their well-experienced fitter and did a superb job - he needs two days.
Bit far to travel for me from Sheffield, South of London and inside the M25 too, so congestion charge? That's a non starter I'm afraid.

Search on line for car trimmers - there are plenty out there but cannot say re quality.
See what is available but take your time.

Back