Punto (Mk1) crash repair project Punto MK1

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk1) crash repair project Punto MK1

After that, I filled the radiator, connected a battery and prayed. Bugger me! It started and it sounds really nice!
Gotta repair the bumper tonight and get a headlamp tomorrow, then the dreaded MOT!.

What an enjoyable Thread, well done! :) (y)

stop showing people how easy it is to repair cars, now they'll all start doing it! :)

good job so far (y)

Last edited:
And some duck comes crashing into your front they do quite a bit of damage

also get a proper fire blanket do you take that one off when done to insure it don't burn down the motor?

Last edited:
Bumper repair comences last night. This was so fiddly and frustrating! Got a bumper repair kit off ebay which was good but nowhere near enough so had to nip to Motorworld this morning and get some more stuff!
I went OK but I'll keep a look out for a blue bumper near me if one comes up, it's the one bit that you can see has been repaired.
IMG_1896.jpg

The back of my headlamp looks like this, when I went to the scrap yard to get another they all had different backs and wiring. Is this the twin bulb lamp? than's more expensive of course?
IMG_1902.jpg

What do yopu guys reckon to the black 'halo' or 'angel eye' lamps. I think they look really nice. What's quality like? What's the best make?

What do yopu guys reckon to the black 'halo' or 'angel eye' lamps. I think they look really nice. What's quality like? What's the best make?

black angel eyes look really sweet :worship: i would definately get some, my cousin had them on his punto, and although wiring was a bit of a hassle, they worked really well.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-PUNTO-MK...ryZ23009QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

these style, but i think there are two companies that make identical ones like these? not sure though.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Does any body know the name or colour code of this blue or where the colour code is on the car? Also where is the best place to get a touch up stick? I've had no luck at Halfords or Motorworld.

halfords make them over here., I think the colour code is in the boot shut.,

very nice job so far mate, you can have a job with me anyday., :D

Back