Technical Crash Mode????? Anyone Heard Of It??

Currently reading:
Technical Crash Mode????? Anyone Heard Of It??

Fiat Stilo

Car Was Plugged in and comes up in crash mode!!
has drove few electrically into the car???

Anyone able shed some light on this?
how to fix or steer me in right direction ?

Some cars can detect a crash and will enter "Crash Mode", this usually means airbags have been deployed, the interior lights are on and the hazards are flashing.

I'm not 100% sure but I think only main dealers can turn off "Crash Mode" after airbags and their sensors have been replaced.

FES(http://www.fiatecuscan.net) may be able to do it, you could ask on the forum(http://forum.fiatecuscan.net).

No crash mode per say on the Stilo, only emergency fuel shut off.

Who pluged your car in? I think they're probably taking you for a ride! ;)

yep i agree, all that happens is the fuel shuts off and the doors unlock, and depending on speed the airbags may deploy.
when i crashed my old car thats excatly what happened, i also cried lol.

No crash mode per say on the Stilo, only emergency fuel shut off.

Who pluged your car in? I think they're probably taking you for a ride! ;)

yea the dash is saying the emergancy fuel cut off is on!!
how can i turn it off and get all the electrics back working??
is it easy fix??

There's obviously a fault with the crash detection system. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes or so?

yea i tried that...

yep i agree, all that happens is the fuel shuts off and the doors unlock, and depending on speed the airbags may deploy.
when i crashed my old car thats excatly what happened, i also cried lol.

the airbags didnt deploy, i bought the car with very light damage to front wing
ever since body shop its bein like this
how did u fix the car from being in emergency fuel cut off mode???

Last edited by a moderator:
ah sounds like the fuel cut of is still active.
Just look in the passinger footwell on the door pillar, just under the dash there is a bulge, go to the top of that bulge and you will see a button recessed in the plastic, press and hold that down for 10 - 20 seconds if memory serves and it should put the car back to normal.
mine also tripped out, as it was the middle of winter when it happened to me i just reset it so i could still keep warm while waiting for recovery, besides i knew the car was a total loss and had nearly a full tank of petol so i wanted to get some use from it.
hope that helps
roy

Last edited:
ah sounds like the fuel cut of is still active.
Just look in the passinger footwell on the door pillar, just under the dash there is a bulge, go to the top of that bulge and you will see a button recessed in the plastic, press and hold that down for 10 - 20 seconds if memory serves and it should put the car back to normal.
mine also tripped out, as it was the middle of winter when it happened to me i just reset it so i could still keep warm while waiting for recovery, besides i knew the car was a total loss and had nearly a full tank of petol so i wanted to get some use from it.
hope that helps
roy

so by resetting this fuel cut off, this should make the hazard flashers work? and indicators??
because it is running perfectly! just them electrical problems..
what happen to your car that you had to press fuel cut off???

Back