Converse Tactical Boots.

Currently reading:
Converse Tactical Boots.

I need some new boots but want comfort, support as I have a weak left ankle(motorcylce injuries), light weight and hard wearing.

So I chose a pair of "Converse Tactical Boots", used by the US military. Hard to get hold of here in the UK but eventually I found a company that imports them so I just placed my order.

Just wondering if anyone else has a pair and have you had any issuses with them?

Attachments

• ConverseW-500.jpg
    ConverseW-500.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 2ConverseW-500.jpg
    2ConverseW-500.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 3ConverseW-500.jpg
    3ConverseW-500.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
other than the fact the zip looks feminine.
plus they are a light colour woun't they get very durty unless your playing in sand.

I don't understand the idea of a zip at all

The zip enables the wearer to swiftly put on or remove the boot if needed.(I agree, it does look a little feminine. :eek:)

Dirty?
They're boots that will be warn while I, walk the dog, shooting, tinker with cars, bikes in my garage, walk to the pub etc.
So yeh, I'm pretty sure they'll get dirty, there boots, getting dirty is what they do? :confused:

to make it easier to take the boot off after they have shot them selves in the foot to go home :)

Ash

Deffinately if it a yank wearing em ... lol

Last edited:
right cheers man i was just looking on there got some cool stuff!

but cant believe just anyone can buy magazines w/o a licence from a site like that tho.. :confused:

Never tried those - but they look very similar in construction to Magnums. Which, whilst comfort, aren't really all they're cracked up to be. I've heard good things about Danner, Lowa, Pro-boots and occasionally Altberg.

Never tried those - but they look very similar in construction to Magnums. Which, whilst comfort, aren't really all they're cracked up to be. I've heard good things about Danner, Lowa, Pro-boots and occasionally Altberg.

My old boots were Magnums, I thought they were crap. Hence I'm trying Converse this time. Almost brought apair of Bates M9, maybe next time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if a license is needed to purchase the Empty magazines. I purchase most the stuff I want my local gun club. :devil:

i thought all gun parts were licenced, you learn something new every day :p

you do much shooting?

My boots were delivered yesterday. Didn't like the really bright tan colour(didn't look that light in the pics) so sent them back to exchange them for a pair of black instead.

think the black ones would look out of place w/o full spec ops gear and the black nasty :rolleyes:

keep us updated about the new ones i had a quick look at them too but they look a little overpowering on the pic

i thought all gun parts were licenced, you learn something new every day :p

you do much shooting?

No, not really. My father does, I just tag along. I enjoy loaning a pistol and having an hour or two on the range but nothing serious.

think the black ones would look out of place w/o full spec ops gear and the black nasty :rolleyes:

keep us updated about the new ones i had a quick look at them too but they look a little overpowering on the pic

The tan ones are a lot lighter than they look in the pics, "over powering" is probabely a good way of describing them. A bit too bright for me when I'm out walking the dog. They were comfortable so I'll probabely end up buying both colours and use them accoringly if the black ones are up to my expectations. Will update when I get em.

Back