General Cinq Abarth Project 1.4 16v

Currently reading:
General Cinq Abarth Project 1.4 16v

:O lovely work that.

How is the cinq alternator pulley in the wrong position? Sitting too far in/out ?

Got a picture of the cam phrase sensor removal plate ?

Thanks
Ming

When you sit both alternators together, you can see the pulley is at least 15mm further in, and its a 2 bolt alternator instead of 3 bolt, though it would physically still bolt on.

The cam phaser removal is a alloy plate we made which has a channel in it to allow oil to pass from one hole in the head to the other making sure cam is in correct place. As with a lot of VVT type system oil pressure is how it works, and on the Punto its a simpler 2 stage plunger so credit where credit is due Jon, Emma's dad took off the cam carrier and worked out which way the oil needed to go, but at same time we still had to make two to cover our bases and we got it right first time.

I'm sure there are pictures of it inthis thread somewhere.

Car will be at Standfor Hall and all questions will where able be answered with regards to car, and please have a look around, especialy at the rear for the anti-roll bar development as it's very neat.

thermo stats were different (shape mostly), I had the two in buckets off hot water to test reactions. The 16v one was a little quicker to open.

But I think an oil cooler may be a possible option for me. New rad will help too as mine seems a but battered.

Thanks

One thing i've noticed with my 1.2 16v swap is the engine is alot hotter than the 1.2 8v and the standard. So i'm thinking of switching for an oil cooler, have you already fitted one?

Thanks

No, never needed one even when run for a couple of hours on the r/r at high loads the oil temp never got too hot.

Our oil temp gauge on the Sei runs directly off the sump so we know exactly how hot it all gets.

Lovely day had by all at Stanford Hall, thanks to everyone who commented and wanted to know more about our Cinq, :) Aaron and Emma.
06_06_10_001.JPG

06_06_10_004.JPG

06_06_10_005.JPG

06_06_10_056.JPG

awsome machine. thankyou very much for all the info on not only the engine but the rear arb. definatly a decent bloke and you know your stuff. keep them coming!

Thank you to everyone from old faces to new faces who showed an interest in the car, & for asking questions which I was only to happy to try and answer as best I could.

Some pics of the car after it was prepped before Standford Hall, looks a bit different from the pics of the car after we got it at beginning of this thread.

06_05_10_0711.JPG

06_05_10_0721.JPG

06_05_10_0731.JPG

06_05_10_0741.JPG

06_05_10_076.JPG

06_05_10_077.JPG

06_05_10_084.JPG

06_05_10_085.JPG

Last edited:
Great cinq,awesome rims Aaron!!! :)
(these Lancia Thema Turbo rims are made for Emma's Sei or for your Cinq?)

1368 16v rulezzzz!!!
if you want send me some new photos in super high resolution like...your engine bay...a lot of photos (!!!) & interior)
for the photoblog (cento lovers place)

here the blog's mail
[email protected]

cheeers!!!!
Konstantinos-elaborus

(* like 1480x1080)

PS: the coolest stuff...
"badge 115 hp"...but how you did it???? :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your offer, I'll try and make time to send you some pictures and the information on the car for you.

The "115 16V" badge is from another Fiat, which one I'm not sure, I bought them ages ago from ebay as I thought it was more accurate than the "100 16V" badges we had on the Seicento before which I think came from a Fiat Marea.

As its of the same period as the "Cinquecento" badge the font is the same so all matches up, though after fitting the new badge it highlighted how tired the "Cinq" badge was, so I painted them quickly on the car with Humbro model paint. They look great from afar, just don't get to close or brush strokes can be seen :)

The wheels are off the Seicento, but we have purchased another set which are still in original diamond cut finish to face with black metallic inside the spokes, but have a few small areas where the lacquer has peeled back so will get refurbished in similar colour to these as suit both cars so well.

Some quick interior shots as the car stands with the alloy chequer plate flooring so its not slippy, and I can't remember if I have said before but Seicento Schumacher alloy pedal covers. MOMO tuner steering wheel which I had used for a short period of time in my GT4, but will probably replace with a dished suede/alcantara wheel of slightly smaller diameter, 330mm instead of 350mm as we have lowered the steering column (you can see the spacers if you look behind the wheel inside the dash) so its a bit close to my legs at the moment.

Some may notice the addition of some speakers and headunit, but had to have something to listen to on route to Standford Hall!

06_08_10_001.JPG

06_08_10_002.JPG

06_08_10_003.JPG

Last edited:
Back